MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPCHolland Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:00 am
It's been a while reinstalled on windows 11, but did the software became even worse??? Can't use any of the buttons or pads in controller mode??? Can't determine the path folders for projects, samples etc.
Wtf is happening?? I haven't used it in a while and when I did use it was in standalone mode... I reinstalled and updated firmware and software and I expected the stuff should be running by now...
What the actual funk is going on?? Am I missing something??
By MPCHolland Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:04 am
Released Oktober 5 thats 2 and a half month...also im pretty sure a company like akai can get the info on Windows 11 beforehand...I think they even had a partnership at one point...every new laptop will come with it...so im not planning to uninstall Windows 11 and go backwards...well guess stand alone will remain the only way I use it...and reconsidering if I want to stick with Akai...controller mode already was really really bad....and they could also put it on their twitter and homepage Windows 11 isnt supported yet...but nooooo ofcourse they don't...im sorry, im angry ranting, not your fault thanks for the reply homie
By Komatos Records Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:08 am
I don’t really use the software other than for transferring Expansion packs to the hardware. I haven’t used the Windows version at all, since I have an older Mac Mini at home. But I remember it taking Akai a good year before OS XI was supported officially in the MPC 2 software. But OS XI was a major change in hardware platform from the OS X versions (my old Mini is stuck on 10.15.7 Catalina and can’t run Big Sur or Monterey).
By Bigheaded Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 am
Has anyone else tried it? The link above to Akai's statement is pretty damn vague and sounds like a company that doesn't want to become tech support for Windows 11 users. Obviously, it probably doesn't work flawlessly, but they didn't exactly say it doesn't work either. Just that they recommend you stay on your current version of Windows until they green light MPC 2 for it. I run Win 11 and of course I just ordered an MPC One today. Thank goodness it has standalone mode. I don't know much about Akai's updating products, but what I'm reading on Google if it doesn't work in controller mode for me. I don't think I'll hold my breath here lol.
By EnochLight Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:52 pm
Akai have not vetted Windows 11 and updated their software to run on it yet, so for now - as the article states - don't upgrade to Windows 11 if you want to run the desktop MPC Software on it and have it work right.
By Bigheaded Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:21 am
EnochLight wrote:Akai have not vetted Windows 11 and updated their software to run on it yet, so for now - as the article states - don't upgrade to Windows 11 if you want to run the desktop MPC Software on it and have it work right.

Well I can only speak for myself, and this is from just an afternoon with it. But everything I've tried on the software with the One in controller mode has worked. I messed with it for about 2 1/2 hours and everything seemed in order. I know on YT and a Reddit there were people saying they couldn't even get the pads to work. I was able to load up expansions and I made a few simple beats. Only my 1st afternoon with the One though, but so far so good. I have about a dozen things I plug and unplug from my laptop. I know a good number don't have official Windows 11 support. And none have specific W11 drivers, but they all work with the Windows 10 ones. Maybe I got lucky here with the One I dunno.

But with that said, anyone reading this who's on Windows 10, definitely best to wait for Akai to get things tidy and account Windows 11 support. Too many different computers with too many different hardware configurations to use me as any proof it works.

I have an Asus Zenbook 13 with a Ryzen 5700u CPU.