MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By 83dude Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:08 pm
Chris Kotsilas wrote:HAllo everybody

anybody has tried to assign the tap button to an external midi controller ? is it possible ?

Not sure what you mean there. Do you mean to use the TAP button to control another synth's or DAW's tempo or what are you trying to achieve?
By Chris Kotsilas Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:30 pm
83dude wrote:
Chris Kotsilas wrote:HAllo everybody

anybody has tried to assign the tap button to an external midi controller ? is it possible ?

Not sure what you mean there. Do you mean to use the TAP button to control another synth's or DAW's tempo or what are you trying to achieve?

i mean to control the tempo of mpc by tapping on a button on a bluetooth foot controller
By DeaDeus Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:52 pm
constantly - not blu tooth though...
make the MPC a slave and the tool (synth, clock or else) the master.
Allow "Sync Receive" and "Receive MMC" in the setup of the MPC and on you go....
All my gear is responding and acting like a charm....

But keep in mind there is a high slurish response in the beginning. Read the "hundreds" of concerns about the millisecond delays of the MPCs and the according response of the external gear...
By Chris Kotsilas Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:09 pm
hey man !! thanks for the tip. it kinda work but it doesn't record the tempo to the project ,when set to slave the tempo is greyed out ... maybe i'll try it the other way round , having the mpc setting the tempo and the others to follow ...

The thing is ... i play with a live band and i would like to figure out a way to follow the band's tempo (which might change throughout the set) so my samples , clips and effects hit on the right time.. at the same i also want to live loop some synths and effects coming from an ipad, it's a pretty complicated setup which i''l explain in another post ... i've tried ableton link to do the trick but ieven if i',m able to automatically detect and "sync" with the tempo of the drummer, i cannot control the ableton link clock to start on the one when i want to ....anyways , thanks for your tip
By Chris Kotsilas Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:46 pm
i've tried it !! even if my bluetooth controller appears connected and mpc's midi monitor confirms that the certain button on the controller transmits cc69 on channel 1 (that's what the mpc menu -->midi control --> hardware --- tap says) ... i tried local and midi input as an ooption...it DOES NOT WORK !!! what am i doing wrong?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nfa2z3uckn967eo/IMG_4832.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pai80ysjhfo01nw/IMG_4833.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3qbksz4f5jmbvne/IMG_4834.jpg?dl=0
By mpc_fan_2022 Mon May 15, 2023 6:18 pm
Unless you slave the MPC to another sequencer that allows tap tempo assignation, IT IS NEVER going to work.

AFAIK the only solution is to hack your MPC standalone via Linux and SSH then you have access to a file setting global MIDI assignations. But it's not available directly in standalone. For hacking instructions search on google.