MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By keith Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:49 pm
Hi all, I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this, my MPC live has started randomly freezing and nothing but a hard reset will bring it back. There doesn't seem to be a defined trigger, at some point the audio stops working, some of the pads, midi etc. are briefly still responsive, but then the whole thing is locked.

I've also occasionally had the 'internal audio device not found' error a few have mentioned which makes it shut itself down. I didn't have the issue before upgrading to 2.10 (and then 2.10.1).

After reading through various posts on this forum I've already detached the ssd and all usb connections, and also reset the factory preferences. Still, all I have to do is load up one of the demo projects and hit play and after some period of time the whole machine will just lock.

I'm hoping someone has some advice for me as the MPC is long out of warranty, it would also be great if someone could point me to how I can find legacy firmware versions, unfortunately I haven't kept the older ones like 2.9 and the akai site only seems to give you the very latest?
By moorekv Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:13 pm
I'm having the same exact issue right now with my MPC X. My machine is out of warranty as well. We're you able to resolve your problem? If so, what was the solution? Anyone else having this same issue?

I don't have this problem with my MPC One running the same software (right now at 2.11). As a result I'm thinking it's a hardware related problem. Can faulty RAM cause this type of thing to happen?