MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By monkito Sun May 15, 2022 6:00 pm
M4000 wrote:On all the hardware MPC starting with the MPC 2K, there's a button called Default...
+1 please bring back the Default feature :)

Having used older MPC models back in the day I am constantly surprised that contemporary MPC line us lacking these features; seemingly by design. As such, I find it incredibly annoying when members of this forum prop up the modern moc workflow as ideal. It isn't. It never was. Hence the Default button of older MPC models.

It really does seem like the current crop of MPC software designers have no idea how the old software actually worked, or at very least "why" it worked.
By NearTao Mon May 16, 2022 12:27 pm
Both the older MPCs and newer MPCs have their pros and cons. The usual reason I see people suggesting to get the newer hardware, especially for newcomers is that it is supported, under warranty, has a more active community, and has less maintenance concerns. If anybody wants to get into older MPCs and workflows, then by all means, I don't really see much gate keeping or pressure to the new units around here.
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 16, 2022 12:46 pm
monkito wrote:As such, I find it incredibly annoying when members of this forum prop up the modern moc workflow as ideal. It isn't. It never was. Hence the Default button of older MPC models.

I don't think there's any particular movement of members here that are promoting the modern MPC workflow as 'ideal', quite the opposite in fact, most people recognise and regularly highlight the inadequacies of both the modern and legacy systems and we try to offer workarounds and push Akai for improvements.