MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Straker Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:39 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Straker wrote:Mpc users want the same GUI of Force because it's actually better and more modern.
I also don't care much but the mixer page on Force is much better then the one on Mpc.

I love the mixer page on Force (working on it and then having to manage the MPC's "mixer" is an exercise in insanity). :lol: But... I dunno - I'm not certain if I want the entire GUI of Force on the MPC. There's certain things about the MPC in its current form that just seems logical and works well - I hope they don't change that. And as much as I do want the Force's Arranger on the MPC, I want it as an option only - I don't want to give up how we can work with the MPC's tracks and sequences. In many aspects, it's far more powerful than Force (for instance, I can send MIDI cc program change info to the same external hardware synth on the same track on MPC, which is incredible. Can't do that on Force as each track's Clip's only allow 1 preset at a time).

Yeah I agree and I think that's the major problem with porting Force GUI and features on Mpc.
I also would like to have the chance to use the arranger but all my projects on Mpc are track/sequence based.
I think it would be enough to fix bugs and make moving slots for fx and for tracks.
That's the major point.
For the rest, I am perfectly fine.
By otoc Mon May 16, 2022 2:31 am
So no additional hints or announcements from Superbooth? I saw videos of Superbooth and Akai had a strong presence there. I was hoping for an announcement :hmmm:
By SakisX Mon May 16, 2022 10:43 am
MGoolas wrote:He says that a software update is coming soon. I don't expect it to come out before the reveal of the keys though

Maybe , but they had a MPC X for demonstration (and a live), so it might be specific to mpc series (disk streaming maybe?)
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 16, 2022 1:41 pm
Hoekschop wrote:He said 'Software'. I hope he meant firmware.

Same thing in Akai speak. MPC firmware is what they call the standalone version of the MPC Software. It's isn't a firmware in the normally recognised sense, it's literally a software application called 'MPC' that is launched after the machine boots into a Linux OS
By MPD MPK RAY Mon May 16, 2022 5:15 pm

Linux huh? This is almost FL Studio and it is spray painted on the same primer(Linux) as today's standalone MPC software. My optimism is flaring up Akai.

:smoker:
By otoc Thu May 19, 2022 12:56 am
He said "software update and also a big surprise which is basically known already..."

To me it sounds like there is software release and a separate "big surprise" - which is presumably the MPC Key 61.
By Certified Beatz Thu May 19, 2022 3:06 am
If you notice the screen I think the sound tab it was all touch display which is perfect for a keyboard also they finally implemented a sound over all keys which is perfect for the new k61..
By EnochLight Thu May 19, 2022 6:03 pm
otoc wrote:He said "software update and also a big surprise which is basically known already..."

To me it sounds like there is software release and a separate "big surprise" - which is presumably the MPC Key 61.

Who said "also a big surprise which is basically known already" and where did they say this? :hmmm: