MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:09 am
Straker wrote:Some people think they are better and they know things but they don't wanna talk.

There are lots of great people around here don't let a post or two get under your skin. It's hard to recognise intent / expression through text. Sometimes people get tired or hungry or burnt out on life and say nasty things, but the next day will turn around and help you. I find the actions of people speak volumes in comparison to what people say.

That being said, others could atleast try to give the forum and ppl a chance. This is a forum, where we discuss mpc related things isnt it? *checks site name* oh look MPC-*FORUMS*.COM

It's really not that complicated to be a community member or a team player. Do you guys want your music to work? do you want to have people around who are willing to help *you* as well when the time comes? because i'll tell you right now its all about who you got around you to help you get where you need to go in this world. we're nothing alone.

Now gimme my update. lol
By HUBA Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:36 am
Straker wrote:The new update will come out when the Mpc keyboard version will be released.
Maybe quite soon.

Since we're speculating, though I agree there are indeed plausible reasons for expecting an update with the Key 61 release, some poster on gs mentioned the keyboard being planned released in july. Not sure what that's based on, but if true then I can see a next update involving the keyboard possibly coming before the keyboard is ready to ship. At least I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of a minor update with mostly bug fixes prior to the keyboard release if the next major update is expected come along with it.

Monotremata wrote:It happens whenever it happens. Akai doesn't owe anybody anything more at this point and we're lucky they seem to love this ecosystem more than the previous gens. Still makes me laugh, folks think 'bug fixes' are trivial and should be out in five minutes after release. You guys have no idea what goes on behind the scenes where the code is concerned, and sorry but despite what Akai claims, there are no Akai reps here. There is no 'official' information here. This is a user forum run by users who have no clue what Akai is doing and Akai doesn't have some magic bat phone to call up MPC Tutor and give him the goods on what's coming.

Well whichever way it is, the fact that Akai is continuing investing in this line to the point of releasing new models says to me that we can expect the OS to continue developing, being updated, streamlined bug fixed etc for quite a while still, whether we as users «deserve» the indeed fortunate situation of such catering or not ;)
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:49 am
HUBA wrote:some poster on gs mentioned the keyboard being planned released in july. Not sure what that's based on,

I assume that's because the FCC filing has a confidentiality agreement in place until July. But that's unlikely to have any real significance, I assume they just picked a date that was comfortably far away in the future, just in case release were to get delayed. I would say july is the absolute latest, but more likely to be before that. And yes, I would assume there will be a firmware/software release to coincide, because at minimum they'll need to add compatibility for the new hardware (drivers etc).
By Straker Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:27 pm
Ultros wrote:
Straker wrote:Some people think they are better and they know things but they don't wanna talk.

There are lots of great people around here don't let a post or two get under your skin. It's hard to recognise intent / expression through text. Sometimes people get tired or hungry or burnt out on life and say nasty things, but the next day will turn around and help you. I find the actions of people speak volumes in comparison to what people say.

That being said, others could atleast try to give the forum and ppl a chance. This is a forum, where we discuss mpc related things isnt it? *checks site name* oh look MPC-*FORUMS*.COM

It's really not that complicated to be a community member or a team player. Do you guys want your music to work? do you want to have people around who are willing to help *you* as well when the time comes? because i'll tell you right now its all about who you got around you to help you get where you need to go in this world. we're nothing alone.

Now gimme my update. lol

I totally agree, otherwise I would not be writing here.
It's just that sometimes this aggressive high school attitude like "I write here more time then you, stop making questions about updates, we don' t know and it's not important", is very unkind, unpleasant and stupid.
First, none of us is better, we are all users of Mpc, That's it.
Second, since Akai used to make updates every 3/4 months, it's more then normal that after 6 months without updates someone asks info about it.
Third, this attitude like I know but I cannot say is really a no sense. Are you working for CIA or FBI? Do you realize we are talking about a sampler on a forum? Can you stop pretending to be important and to have a secret to keep when in reality nobody gives a **** about you?

So you guys think that the Key version and the new update will come out around July?
I have the feeling it will be before, maybe April or the sort but it's just a guess, I don't have any secret knowledge, sorry, I am nobody and I am not important.
By NearTao Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:56 pm
Straker wrote:I totally agree, otherwise I would not be writing here.
It's just that sometimes this aggressive high school attitude like "I write here more time then you, stop making questions about updates, we don' t know and it's not important", is very unkind, unpleasant and stupid.
Second, since Akai used to make updates every 3/4 months, it's more then normal that after 6 months without updates someone asks info about it.
Third, this attitude like I know but I cannot say is really a no sense. Are you working for CIA or FBI? Do you realize we are talking about a sampler on a forum? Can you stop pretending to be important and to have a secret to keep when in reality nobody gives a **** about you?

I'm not sure you understand how Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA) work, but anybody who is on the forum and has access to beta software from Akai is absolutely under one. To get access to any of the pre-release content Akai requires that person to sign one, and it ensures two necessary components.
1) The person agrees to not discuss information that they may get that has not been disclosed by Akai or approved by Akai to discuss.
2) Provides Akai with the necessary legal means to remove the person from the pre-release program, and at their discretion sue the person for monetary losses.

Akai is a business, and as such must protect itself and its' interests. Akai wants to keep future activity private so that it can among other things control marketing and messaging, keep a competitive edge in the marketplace, and allow the company to direct how and when it would like information to be made public.

So if you want to speculate what might be in upcoming releases, be my guest. If you want to make derogatory comments about people in the beta test program and guess at how or why they are not providing information publicly than you are being incredibly uninformed and foolish.
By Straker Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:12 pm
NearTao wrote:
Straker wrote:I totally agree, otherwise I would not be writing here.

I'm not sure you understand how Non Disclosure Agreements (NDA) work, but anybody who is on the forum and has access to beta software from Akai is absolutely under one. To get access to any of the pre-release content Akai requires that person to sign one, and it ensures two necessary components.
1) The person agrees to not discuss information that they may get that has not been disclosed by Akai or approved by Akai to discuss.
2) Provides Akai with the necessary legal means to remove the person from the pre-release program, and at their discretion sue the person for monetary losses.

Akai is a business, and as such must protect itself and its' interests. Akai wants to keep future activity private so that it can among other things control marketing and messaging, keep a competitive edge in the marketplace, and allow the company to direct how and when it would like information to be made public.

So if you want to speculate what might be in upcoming releases, be my guest. If you want to make derogatory comments about people in the beta test program and guess at how or why they are not providing information publicly than you are being incredibly uninformed and foolish.

Beta test ahahahah
Thanks for all the basic bugs nobody highlighted on beta test so.
And yes, keep the secret, I read Akai is connected to the secret plans of CIA to rule the world and be careful, they put microchips on your sampler to control your brainzzzzz
By NearTao Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:24 pm
Not in the beta program myself, so no secrets here, as I imagine most people on these forums are not in the beta program or affiliated with Akai in any way. Reach out to Akai and request to get yourself in their beta program. It's not rocket science to ask.
By Straker Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm
NearTao wrote:Not in the beta program myself, so no secrets here, as I imagine most people on these forums are not in the beta program or affiliated with Akai in any way. Reach out to Akai and request to get yourself in their beta program. It's not rocket science to ask.

Why should I ask for beta testing?
I am just saying I have enough of this secret that everytime pops up in this forum discussion.
I am not here for marketing and that has nothing to do with helping each other to get the best out of Mpc.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:39 pm
Straker wrote:[

A common misconception that the volunteer beta testers, who give up their time for the community, 'missed' some bugs. How do you know they missed them? Once a beta tester submits a bug report, it's out of their hands whether it's fixed or not.

Don't give the beta testers a hard time - if you think you can do better, apply to join the beta testing program and put in your 10-20 hours a week of testing. Or fire up the MPC Software and hit the 'Report a Bug' button and send off your reports direct to Akai.
By Straker Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:55 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Straker wrote:[

A common misconception that the volunteer beta testers, who give up their time for the community, 'missed' some bugs. How do you know they missed them? Once a beta tester submits a bug report, it's out of their hands whether it's fixed or not.

Don't give the beta testers a hard time - if you think you can do better, apply to join the beta testing program and put in your 10-20 hours a week of testing. Or fire up the MPC Software and hit the 'Report a Bug' button and send off your reports direct to Akai.

Do you know how many times I reported bugs in the way you said?
There is clearly something working not right with beta testing, any update new bugs, basic bugs so easy to detect.
For example, on qlink project mode, when you save the projects, all qlinks assigned to subgroups and master outputs are not saved, that really sucks, all my projects have subgroups and qlink assigned to them, it's the only way to apply an effect simultaneously to different tracks or samples.
How can you not detect this?
It's there since a year.
And also sometimes qlinks move by themselves randomly as they were automated but there is no automation.
It's there since more then a year.
Not to mention the midi note off issue which is a big major problem for external midi users.
That really sucks.
So I don't know how Akai and beta testers work with their lovely CIA secret agreement, I really don't care, I just clearly notice something is not working right with the way they work.
And then they pretend to be experts and self confident and bla bla bla.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:50 pm
Straker wrote:Do you know how many times I reported bugs in the way you said?
There is clearly something working not right with beta testing, any update new bugs, basic bugs so easy to detect.

You're just proving my point. Beta testers can only make reports, just like you do, after that they are powerless, just like you are. Stop blaming the beta testers when bugs are not fixed, only developers can fix bugs and they don't answer to the beta testers.

Anyway, shall we call it a day with this topic, seems to have run it's course, unless someone would like to add something constructive.
By EnochLight Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:38 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Anyway, shall we call it a day with this topic, seems to have run it's course, unless someone would like to add something constructive.

God yes - please lock this thread. :nod: :worthy:
By DokBrown Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:56 pm
In the world of linux, there are always 2 releases at a given time

1] The bleeding edge release for people who want the latest features

2] The stable/proven release that most enterprises standardize on

https://xubuntu.org/download/

https://get.opensuse.org/desktop/

AKAI/inMUSIC has done a pretty good job of covering both bases. I’m still running an older OS b/c I value stability
By misterflibble Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:20 pm
Monotremata wrote:It happens whenever it happens. Akai doesn't owe anybody anything more at this point and we're lucky they seem to love this ecosystem more than the previous gens. Still makes me laugh, folks think 'bug fixes' are trivial and should be out in five minutes after release. You guys have no idea what goes on behind the scenes where the code is concerned, and sorry but despite what Akai claims, there are no Akai reps here. There is no 'official' information here. This is a user forum run by users who have no clue what Akai is doing and Akai doesn't have some magic bat phone to call up MPC Tutor and give him the goods on what's coming.

Not disagreeing with you that some bugs can be hard to figure out, but Akai doesn't exactly make it easy on themselves here. The devices have wifi: why don't they send crash dumps to a server so they can analyze them? There are so many easy and cheap ways for them to do this, and it would save us having to tell them about their quality issues.

I too have been very impressed with Akai as it relates to the number of features they've been banging out with their OS. It feels like having an iPhone and getting a brand new device every year or so as the feature set increases. But by the same token, shipping features that barely work like the USB audio support with so many unstable devices is discouraging; they might as well not ship the features in the first place, or at least provide a list of supported devices or something. I find both the MPC and Force very feature-rich at this point. What would be great to see now is a major feature release followed by a major bug release in a tick/tock fashion, where they really tighten up the reliability every bug fix release. There's only so much testing you can do in the lab, but the combination of real-world crash dump telemetry and/or bug submissions from within the device along with this kind of approach could really improve quality IMO.
By EnochLight Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:09 am
misterflibble wrote:but Akai doesn't exactly make it easy on themselves here. The devices have wifi: why don't they send crash dumps to a server so they can analyze them? There are so many easy and cheap ways for them to do this, and it would save us having to tell them about their quality issues.

Just a note: crash dumps are really useful in a beta testing environment, and even then - logging code tends to slow performance down a great deal. But in a stable channel, you remove all logging code - especially for performance orientated devices in the audio world - because what you ship tends to be fairly stable. As for MPC/Force, these devices "crashing" is so rare, it would be a waste to run logging code on it at all times.

I'm not saying MPC (and Force) don't have their share of bugs, but it's rare when these bugs are show stopping to a point where it makes the device unusable. I've been aboard since Firmware 2.3, and I can't recall a release since then that crashed frequently on my OG Live or Live II. But maybe I've been lucky. :hmmm: