MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By GeeGee Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:44 pm
This is more of an irritant than a serious issue, but is there a way to get rid of the grayed-out files that show on the opening screen of my MPC One on powering up, or when moving to a new file?

They are all project files that have previously been deleted from my SD card so they don’t physically exist on the card, but I assume they are logged somewhere in the system and are displayed until more recent active projects bump them off the screen. And of course whenever I delete other projects no longer in use, those then appear on the screen so recreating the nuisance.

I have read on this forum and elsewhere that a factory reset will do the trick, but that seems a bit of a nuclear option with all the associated risks of such a major step. Is there no other option?
By DeaDeus Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:16 pm
elstebbano wrote:Its your mpc‘s way of telling you that you should make more new beats^^

..not a stupid answer at all... every new project pushes the empty ones off the screen.
A hardware reset is quite a change....