MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dazzer1234567 Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:43 pm
Hi folks,

I'm running the MPC VST plugin inside Cubase.

Everything seems to work apart from the following:

When i hit a pad on the MPC (which is in controller mode of course), no MIDI registers as coming into Cubase.

These are some of the settings i believe i set correctly:

MPC plugin > prefs > hardware > record / overdub > to Host DAW.

MIDI track in MPC set to "DAW" in the "MIDI OUTPUT" setting.

I installed the extra midi driver that AKAI told me i needed.

I've created a MIDI track in Cubase with "all" selected as input.

But anyway, i can see in Cubase's MIDI monitor meter that no MIDI is coming into Cubase when i hit a hardware pad.

Anyone have an idea what i might need to do / change to get the MPC pads to send MIDI to my DAW?

And am i right in thinking that only a MIDI track in the MPC will send out MIDI? In another thread someone told me that drum tracks will also output MIDI, but i'm doubting this because only a MIDI track has a "MIDI OUTPUT" setting you can choose.

Thanks!
By Dazzer1234567 Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:40 am
Ok, to answer my own question, you need to be in "MIDI CONTROL" mode for the DAW to receive midi from the MPC hardware pads and knobs, right?

This is just nuts, because when you're in midi control mode, you can't tweak the Q-links (to adjust the mapped parameters) and you can't in any way tweak any sounds or settings!