MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Dazzer1234567 Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:42 pm
Hi folks,

I'm using the MPC VST in Cubase.

I'm not using the MPC sequencer, i want to trigger it from MIDI sequences on Cubase tracks, for better song arranging possibilities.

One thing that doesn't seem possible is recording any parameter change in the MPC plugin (like a filter sweep for example) into the DAW. Because it doesn't expose those controls for binding to the DAW.

I'm guessing this just ain't possible because it would create conflicts with the internal automation, but i'm hoping you guys will surprise me otherwise! :worthy:
By T-Monk Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:58 am
It’s not totally intuitive, but you can use midi CC in your DAW to control the Q-links in the MPC software. Not sure how to do elaborate mappings, but play with that.

You may need to enable midi mappings within the MPC software and assign certain CCs too.

Good luck.
By Dazzer1234567 Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:58 am
Thanks man!

So just to be 100% clear, you're saying that the DAW can send CCs to the qlinks of the MPC VST plugin, and the parameter that is mapped to that qlink will change accordingly?

So in that scenario, if you want to create the automation with a hardware knob, you can’t actually use the MPC qlink hardware knob to create the automation , you need to use a third party midi knob that sends midi into your DAW, and the DAW passes that through to the MPC plugin?

Cheers and sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick!