MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By STEVEP Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:55 am
I`m having issue`s when I connect my Jupiter x via midi to the MPCX. Once I assign the correct midi channel ( A chn 1) on the MPCX and play the Keyboard,the sound just sticks and plays continuously .I have to switch the keyboard off and on again to re-set.Anybody any idea what the problem is as I can`t use it the way it is.
By Franky Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:19 am
I've got the same issue on the yamaha modx. No idea why. But like you said... switching the keyboard off then on will re-set it but the issue comes back. Really breaks the creativity process and workflow.
By Hideous mutant Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:37 pm
Sounds like a midi loop. You need to change settings from the synth and MPC preferences. On the Main page of MPC, tap the eye icon and select the midi tab, check if the receive is set to all channels.
By DeaDeus Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:29 pm
Midi loop sounds correct.
Hideous Mutant is correct - if you set the input and output to your Jupiter, it might end in a loop.
This is what I do with my Korg M3: switch to Track View (three bars icon - page 161 of the manual 2.10.1) and select the dedicated main channel of the keys ( Jupiter) for Input (usually it comes with "All Ports" and "All" channels) and the output channel to a "wrong" channel to avoid a loop. If you record the midi data it works as required.
To playback the midi data, change the input to no input and the output to the Jupiter channel. This way you can avoid any loops.
I have no clue about the Jupiter, but blocking incoming midi data might be more difficult if set in the Jupiter.

BTW: you can avoid switching off the keys if you double tab the stop button on the MPC - works as a "Panic" button in case of loops. Almost every synth has a Panic button: All Notes Off = CC123
By Hideous mutant Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:42 pm
DeaDeus wrote:I have no clue about the Jupiter, but blocking incoming midi data might be more difficult if set in the Jupiter.

I'm pretty surprised if the Jupiter X or MODX doesn't have some kind of "MIDI Soft thru on/off" setting, that prevent incoming midi from going straight out and makes it easy to use as a master keyboard. Virus TI2 has that and it's 10+ years old, modern high quality synths like Jupiter and MODX should have that feature.
By DeaDeus Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:53 pm
Hideous mutant wrote:
DeaDeus wrote:I have no clue about the Jupiter, but blocking incoming midi data might be more difficult if set in the Jupiter.

I'm pretty surprised if the Jupiter X or MODX doesn't have some kind of "MIDI Soft thru on/off" setting, that prevent incoming midi from going straight out and makes it easy to use as a master keyboard. Virus TI2 has that and it's 10+ years old, modern high quality synths like Jupiter and MODX should have that feature.

Sure! My old Korg M3 has all kinds of midi filters too, but doing it in the MPCX seems to be easier to my taste...
Especially if I need to quickly change setting without digging into menues :-)
That's why I've changed to doing what I do right now (see previous comment)
By Hideous mutant Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:12 pm
DeaDeus wrote:
Sure! My old Korg M3 has all kinds of midi filters too, but doing it in the MPCX seems to be easier to my taste...
Especially if I need to quickly change setting without digging into menues :-)
That's why I've changed to doing what I do right now (see previous comment)

One thing I really like with these new MPCs is that there is so many ways of getting from A to B with different workflows, gear combinations etc.