MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dmoracze Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:02 pm
I want to send a specific midi cc value to an external device via the MPC MIDI out. I'd like to use this as a toggle.
I assume I need to create a MIDI track with the correct channel, but I cannot figure out how to send a CC toggle.

The only method I've found is to program the CC in the sequencer, but this is not what I want to do at all. I want to manually toggle whenever I feel like it (sequencer on or off).
By Calcaire Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:35 pm
Did'nt try it for MIDI CC toggle so far, but using he MIDI CONTROL menu you can define very precise MIDI out operation for each pad or button that you press. You should try there

this menu makes your MPC a full editable MIDI OUT controller, quite easy to edit.. press the button or pad you want to map, and assign it to a midi channel and CC (if avalaible, it's not on every button) ... you can define which midi out put A or B (only A onMPC one i think) to use in preferences

the "hardware "tab is listing every physical button of the MPC X, so you have to choose existing buttons on your model (I've got a Live 1) and play them while you are staying on this page .. then return on other pages for normal operation.... hope it helps
By dmoracze Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:41 am
Calcaire wrote:Did'nt try it for MIDI CC toggle so far, but using he MIDI CONTROL menu you can define very precise MIDI out operation for each pad or button that you press. You should try there

this menu makes your MPC a full editable MIDI OUT controller, quite easy to edit.. press the button or pad you want to map, and assign it to a midi channel and CC (if avalaible, it's not on every button) ... you can define which midi out put A or B (only A onMPC one i think) to use in preferences

the "hardware "tab is listing every physical button of the MPC X, so you have to choose existing buttons on your model (I've got a Live 1) and play them while you are staying on this page .. then return on other pages for normal operation.... hope it helps

Thank you, this is helpful. I was able to get the behavior I'm looking for. However, do I always need to be in the "MIDI control mode" for these buttons to send MIDI? Now that I'm typing this, that seems like a dumb question, but I'll still put it out there.
By Calcaire Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:45 am
It seems logical for me , that you have to stay on this "window" .... Because you can assign any physical button, pad or q link of the MPC to an external output , you therefore loose the use of this control in a "normal mpc environment"... I use a lot my MPC LIVE as an expander with midi in from my Novation Sl mk 3 controller driving internal keygroups or plugins.... also sending MIDi to external synths as well ... this could give me like an extra rapid access to a lot more preconfigured controls outputs ( for example for effects, or external sequencers) ... you can quickly access to any of the MPC menu with MENU + PAD , and I also use the Kikgenn modified SSH firmware to enable MIDI global mapping, that give me Menu navigation with pads on my controller !! Very good trick

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... ode-how-to
By SuperKonquer Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:53 pm
If you want a out of the box solution you can try the Blokas Midihub. You can program it to intercept and transform midi messages. It has a easy to use graphical user interface that makes programming very easy. It's 180 dollars but it has a incredible range of possibilities that can be achieved.

You can program it to send a cc (or multiple ccs) when you play a certain note. You can even put lfos, arps and delays on your midi output. You could for example, program a cc fade out when you press a certain pad on the MPC. It's mostly only limited by the users imagination, although us users having been begging for some promised in the future updates that will truly unleash its power.
By Calcaire Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:43 am
You dont need the "hack", you need to be in MIDI CONTROL page and program your pad to sent cc toggle ... Saved with the projects... Go to midi.control mode and come back is very fast with menu+pad combination

Or.using a midi out program and a q link assigned to it with the cc toggle