MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dizketto Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:27 am
Hello everybody,
I was searching for a way to enable/disable or anyway switch on/off an insert fx on a track, without having to dig in the submenus.
Something that can be used during a live situation, i.e. not writing an automation on the grid.

I looked if there was a way with QLink, but it seems not possible. Also, using the "mix" param to me seems not an option, because i want it from 0 to 100% instantly, and can't achieve this turning a knob.

I am now trying to understand if there is any midi CC for such on/off param.

Anyone has any clue on how this can be achieved or there is any way to toggle an effect with a pad ?

Thank you for any clue u can give me on this!
By NearTao Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:09 pm
Most obvious solution to me would be to setup two tracks with the same content, one with the effect and one without. Then use track mutes to turn one track on and the other off at the same time.
By jabberwalky Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:13 pm
Hmm, not sure what is going on, but you can assign a qlink to any insert fx mix, and it should go from 0-100% range smoothly. Could also use a send, which the Qlinks are already mapped to in the "program page".

In addition to what Near Tao is suggesting, if you prefer to use a midi controller, you could have a button on your controller learn the mute of the Fx version of the track as the target, and set the type to "toggle button". Turns off and on the fx essentially.

Let's just hope they include macros in the next OS.
By Monotremata Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:42 pm
You can probably do the wet/dry mix but the on/off button for inserts is the one parameter that isn't assignable and doesn't allow you to automate it. Its kinda like the filters. The type parameter is the one you cant automate, so you cant use a programs filter for breaks/drum fills and whatnot and then turn it off again. Its either on or off, no automating it unless its the cutoff or resonance.