MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPCnoob23 Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:12 am
Hi all! I've had an mpc live 2 for about a year now and never had any issues until recently.

I've noticed samples I've imported to the SanDisk are corrupted. The wav files do not play in standalone when I scroll over/preview them in my mpc.

I'm also noticing songs not saving properly. Like I'll save a xpj file in a folder (located on the SanDisk card I plug into the mpc). Then when I boot up the mpc again, the file is gone. Even some old songs I made no longer open, they just restart the mpc and I get a message saying "your mpc did not shut off properly", but I always make sure to turn the mpc off before power runs out!

Anyone experience similar issues? Could it be the SanDisk drive I'm using is faulty?

Thanks for any help in advance!!!
By EnochLight Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:55 pm
MPCnoob23 wrote:Could it be the SanDisk drive I'm using is faulty?

Yes. As a reminder, whenever you remove your SD Card (or any attached storage for that matter) from your MPC, you must first software eject it in your MPC's browser first if it's not shut off. Similarly, if you are in Controller Mode and reading your SD Card (or any other attached storage) on your computer, you must software eject through your computer's OS before removing the SD Card or switching back into standalone mode.

Failure to do this will result in file structure corruption and/or permanent data loss on the storage medium over time.

Not saying you did this, but it's useful to remind people of this basic computing "rule". Either way, your SD Card sounds like it shit the bed, so - time to replace it!