MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By LEFTY.REDPORT Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:17 am
Hello all,

I am trying to hook up my yamaha psr e463 keyboard to the mpc so i can record an audio track [as per the mpc x manual's tutorial section].

According to this manual, all i gotta do is plug the keyboard into the line inputs of the mpc and away i go. Well, unfortunately, i am having zero luck.

I have a wire plugged into the 'aux in' of my keyboard which meets an rca converter which plugs into the red & white spots on the back of my mpc x.

Am i doing this wrong?
Is the manual confused?
Perhaps i need to buy a 1/4' that plugs into the 'phones/output' of my keyboard and splits into two which will plug into the 1/4'ers on the back of the mpc x..?
Is it possible that my keyboard isnt capable?

Please advise,
:?
By SuperKonquer Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:41 am
Do you have the input switch set properly? Its either front or rear per input and not both at the same time. Is your gain volume high enough? Other than that there is nothing special you need to to do. Its analog audio so its either coming in or is isn't. Are you 100percent sure that your audio is making through your cables and adapter? i would use something else to test if the MPC is receiving audio.