MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Patientrichard Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:00 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:I think MPC plugins don't have the right filter for these "dub techno stabs", maybe using keygroups will give better results.

Good idea. I'll see what results I can get going that route as well.
By Monotremata Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:04 pm
Patientrichard wrote:
ace_of_dub wrote:I think MPC plugins don't have the right filter for these "dub techno stabs", maybe using keygroups will give better results.

Good idea. I'll see what results I can get going that route as well.

As soon as you get those down I'm gonna bring over a Behringer RD-9 and my Space Echo and we'll go into some four on the floor outer space for 12 hours straight hah.
By Patientrichard Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:16 am
ace_of_dub wrote:

As soon as you get those down I'm gonna bring over a Behringer RD-9 and my Space Echo and we'll go into some four on the floor outer space for 12 hours straight hah.

Ha! I think the space echo gets us 95% of the way there!

Need to actually check the rd9. Was going to grab one when they were first announced them, and after waiting so long I kinda forgot about them

Worth getting over the rd8?
By Monotremata Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:13 pm
Patientrichard wrote:Ha! I think the space echo gets us 95% of the way there!

Need to actually check the rd9. Was going to grab one when they were first announced them, and after waiting so long I kinda forgot about them

Worth getting over the rd8?

I guess that depends on if you're more of an 808 or 909 fan. They're cheap enough, get both haha. I was in the same boat, wanted a 909 for ever and was so excited when Behringer announced them FOUR years ago. Since then, I've moved over to the MPC among other things and really dont have the use for one anymore. But I always wanted a 909 and these are cheap, just like the TB303 Im sick of, I still had to get a TD-3 (and its actually FUN)!! :lol:
By Patientrichard Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:55 pm
Hahaha yeah I think I've been throughore 303's over the years than anything else.
I do fall more in the 909 camp, and I don't need a new drum machine as I tend to use samplers as drum machines, and recently picked up the lxr-02, but having a 909 clone to jam with does appeal and the price is tempting enough.

I'm being sensible at the mo, and only going to buy something I absolutely need.....