MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kttuzo Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:21 pm
Hi all, noobs here just getting started with our Live II. We've got it set up and connected to Windows 10 with the 2.10.1 update and all. However, we've downloaded a couple of expansions and installed them as per the instructions, but they don't seem to show up. The specific ones we're dealing with are the 809 and 2.10 Synth Content.

They're not listed in the expansion manager, even though their respective install programs seem to have completed without error. If anyone has any insight as to what we might be doing wrong we'd really appreciate a hand with it.

Thanks!
By Komatos Records Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:00 pm
The 809 Legacy Expansion available from the Akai website under your Downloads section is for the MPC software only, and not the hardware. Same thing goes for the other Legacy Expansion content (The Bank, The Noise, The Wub). Also the 9 downloads under the Air Instruments collapsible section, along with the SONiVOX Virtual Instruments. The expansions listed under the Essential Sound Libraries section are what can be installed on your hardware MPC unit.

The Synth content requires you to copy over the 1 GB of Synth Content data you downloaded to a new folder (SYNTHS) you create on the root of your MPC Live II's attached storage (SSD/HD, USB flash drive, SD Card). Follow the instructions included with that download on where to place it/how to name it. The Synth Content is not technically an expansion pack. It's more additional virtual instruments like the originally included Bassline,Tubesynth and Electric plugins. It adds the AIR Hype, AIR Mellotron, AIR Solina and WayOutWare Odyssey, virtual instruments to hardware MPCs, along with a bunch of other effects plugins.

https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/dow ... roduct/10/
By thelegacypro Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:16 pm
I think Im having the same issues. I have downloaded the files from the website to my internal HD. These libraries aren't showing up in the MPC software. thebank install on my end is not finishing and gets stuck in the download. Its feels overly complicated for something so simple. Why are there two files a content file and looks like a program file. Very confusing.
By Swroom Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:41 am
I am having the same issue on Big Sur 11.5.1

Anyone found a fix to this? It's the 809, The Bank, The Noise, The Wub....

All the best,