MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TonalLuz Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:35 am
Hi everybody!

Since I,ve somewhat finished my first track now I'd like to record some live stuff and then export it.
I've ran into a problem, before I do so I need to convert my song to a sequence. But when I do so, The resulting sequence is not working properly, many sounds (tracks) are missing and there's stuff distorted... Is this a know bug? Is there a way around that?

I don't want to just export it as I'd like to add live elements from the MPC itself and the external synths.
I thought about converting the song to a sequence then sampling that sequence. Add some XYFX and other stuff to it then add audio tracks from my synthesizers, and then export it?
WHat would be the best way to go?
For the record, when I make my song in song mode, it plays fine.
I have an external synth coming in on an audio track but there is no audio recorded on the track, I'M just using the MPC effects...
I,m also sending Midi to another outboard synth...
Thx
By TonalLuz Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:59 pm
Ok thx It worked!

I rearranged all my programs so they would be in the same track troughout the song...
I bought and red the MPC bible and did'nt see any mention of this important aspect of song creation/workflow...
Maybe it could be said in the bible!

Thx again

Cheers
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:16 pm
In the book we have copied a 'master' sequence to create all the sequence variations, so using that workflow we are always going to have the same track structure throughout, but I'll add something to underline the importance of retaining the same track structure, just in case a different initial approach was adopted to create the various sequences.