MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By gumbo23 Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:37 pm
I'm learning to sample from my modular, and have got as far as getting a successful sample onto the pads, but when I let go of a pad the sample cuts off abruptly, though there is a long reverb tail on the sample.

Is there a way to have the sample ring out for its full length, even when letting go of the pad?
By NearTao Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:46 pm
When you go into the program editor, change it from Note On (or other settings) to One Shot if you want the note to play the full length from a gate. Note On requires you to hold the pad for as long as you want the note to play.

Another option would be to adjust the envelope to have some release, so that once you let go of the pad it will continue to play a bit longer without it ending quite so abruptly.
By gumbo23 Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:50 pm
NearTao wrote:When you go into the program editor, change it from Note On (or other settings) to One Shot if you want the note to play the full length from a gate. Note On requires you to hold the pad for as long as you want the note to play.

Another option would be to adjust the envelope to have some release, so that once you let go of the pad it will continue to play a bit longer without it ending quite so abruptly.

Legend. Thanks NT
By DokBrown Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:44 pm
I suggest you make 1-shot the default. Is this a setting

NOTE ON is definitely the exception, good if u want to set internal loops