MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By gumbo23 Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:27 pm
I've been following a video on MPC autosampling (see below), but am having an issue. Once the autosampling process is done, the sample has no volume on playback. If I go into the sampler it does, but when I hit a pad on the main area there is silence.

Any ideas on why this could be happening?

Let me know if you have any questions about my setup. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxJ1qC8yAh8
By NearTao Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:14 pm
Outline more details... how is the MPC connected, what version of the firmware are you using, are you in standalone or controller mode, what operating system are you using, what MPC do you have, what are you trying to sample, etc...

I was hoping the YouTube video you linked would be showing any of this, but you linked a tutorial video instead. Beyond guessing at your issues, it is going to be next to impossible to determine what you are doing incorrectly.
By gumbo23 Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:01 pm
NearTao wrote:Outline more details... how is the MPC connected, what version of the firmware are you using, are you in standalone or controller mode, what operating system are you using, what MPC do you have, what are you trying to sample, etc...

I was hoping the YouTube video you linked would be showing any of this, but you linked a tutorial video instead. Beyond guessing at your issues, it is going to be next to impossible to determine what you are doing incorrectly.

Connections:

MIDI: MPC > ALM mmMidi module > VCO
Audio: Rack > MPC > Scarlett > mac (v12.1)

Firmware: v2.10.1
Standalone mode

No clue what changed, but working with the tutorial this morning, it is working fine.

Except that the samples default to Note On, so I have to switch them manually to one shot. Is there a way to change the default?
By NearTao Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:09 pm
If you already sampled and saved the program, just use the top menu to "select all" notes instead of editing one at a time to change from Note On to whatever you'd like instead.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:10 pm
Keygroup programs are note on by default, nothing can change that, but switching to ONE SHOT afterwards only takes 2 seconds - in program edit, select ALL keygroups, MASTER > SAMPLE PLAY > ONE SHOT.

Or in some cases you might prefer the alternative as it's often more flexible: leave as NOTE ON and (with 'ALL' keygroups selected) adjust the amp envelope with sustain 0 and longer decay and release values (try something like 115 for both, adjust to taste).

Check out this tutorial for more in-depth details about autosampling, even more in the MPC Bible:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-bible-tut ... tosampler/
By gumbo23 Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:54 am
NearTao wrote:If you already sampled and saved the program, just use the top menu to "select all" notes instead of editing one at a time to change from Note On to whatever you'd like instead.

Thanks so much
By gumbo23 Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:14 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Keygroup programs are note on by default, nothing can change that, but switching to ONE SHOT afterwards only takes 2 seconds - in program edit, select ALL keygroups, MASTER > SAMPLE PLAY > ONE SHOT.

Or in some cases you might prefer the alternative as it's often more flexible: leave as NOTE ON and (with 'ALL' keygroups selected) adjust the amp envelope with sustain 0 and longer decay and release values (try something like 115 for both, adjust to taste).

Check out this tutorial for more in-depth details about autosampling, even more in the MPC Bible:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/mpc-bible-tut ... tosampler/

Thank you