MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Krazze Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:33 pm
Hiya!
Is there an easy to get approximate list of spare part prices for the MPC X?
Thinking of buying one with crappy headphone output thinking this is due to a defect card, I figure that changing this card is the solution. (The X is working but has, as said earlier, a crappy sound, headphonewise.
/Chris
By EnochLight Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:59 am
Krazze wrote:Hiya!
Is there an easy to get approximate list of spare part prices for the MPC X?
Thinking of buying one with crappy headphone output thinking this is due to a defect card, I figure that changing this card is the solution. (The X is working but has, as said earlier, a crappy sound, headphonewise.
/Chris

Worldwide supply chain issues have some parts for the MPC on backorder until mid-summer 2022, according to a recent forum thread regarding an MPC X. YMMV, but I'd definitely reach out to mpcstuff.com to get the details first. Looks like the rear analog assembly is in stock for the X, but not sure if that's what you'd need.

https://www.mpcstuff.com/pcb-rear-analog-assembly/

Do you know specifically the part that is bad?
By Krazze Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:39 pm
Nah.
Since I haven't had a chance to see IRL I try to deduct whats wrong with it and my most recent theory is, as you imply, that the rear assembly is faulty. (Since I gather that the headphones output is a breakout from this, and there seem to be more outputs that are affected).
Thanx for you help. I'll do some more research.