MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mpcchiq Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:25 pm
"There was an error accessing Splice." - MPC Live II

Does anybody have a solution for this? I can't seem to finish grabbing my samples. Some of them have downloaded but it keeps getting this error.

My Splice subscription is current.
I've deleted a Splice folder that was on the internal drive.
I have disconnected from WiFi and reconnected. I have rebooted the MPC.
I'm on the latest 2.10.1 firmware.

Any ideas why this keeps happening? or a solution?
By EnochLight Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:24 pm
mpcchiq wrote:"There was an error accessing Splice." - MPC Live II

Does anybody have a solution for this? I can't seem to finish grabbing my samples. Some of them have downloaded but it keeps getting this error.

Splice on the MPC has been having some issues lately, for sure - many of my FLAC files won't preview let alone load a sample, some of my sample packs preview/load fine. It's just weird.

As for your issue, this is what I did to re-download my entire Splice catalog - on your MPC, log out of your Splice account. Then go into Computer Mode and from there, delete your Splice folder (assuming you have it installed on a removable drive or SSD). Then, create a new empty Splice folder on a user-installed SSD or other removable storage. Then switch back into standalone mode, verify you're on WiFi, then log back into your account - which should require you to do it via Splice with an activation code (again). Then, before you sync your files at all, go back into your MPC preferences and make sure you change the default Splice folder location from the internal storage to the folder you just created on a user-installed SSD or other removable storage. Then, do your Splice sync and... WAIT. :lol: Hopefully that will get you back up and running!

Let me know if you have any luck!
By zobangerzBeatz Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:38 am
EnochLight wrote:
mpcchiq wrote:"There was an error accessing Splice." - MPC Live II

Splice on the MPC has been having some issues lately, for sure - many of my FLAC files won't preview let alone load a sample, some of my sample packs preview/load fine. It's just weird.

As for your issue, this is what I did to re-download my entire Splice catalog - on your MPC, log out of your Splice account. Then go into Computer Mode and from there, delete your Splice folder (assuming you have it installed on a removable drive or SSD). Then, create a new empty Splice folder on a user-installed SSD or other removable storage. Then switch back into standalone mode, verify you're on WiFi, then log back into your account - which should require you to do it via Splice with an activation code (again). Then, before you sync your files at all, go back into your MPC preferences and make sure you change the default Splice folder location from the internal storage to the folder you just created on a user-installed SSD or other removable storage. Then, do your Splice sync and... WAIT. :lol: Hopefully that will get you back up and running!

Let me know if you have any luck!

I followed your steps, but my MPC is still showing the error message. Any other suggestions?
By epps Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:30 am
EnochLight wrote:Do both of you have active Splice subscriptions running? Because if you don’t, you’ll get that error as well.

No I canceled mine a while ago. Hopefully they fix this soon
By epps Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:47 pm
mrriot wrote:They had an issue yesterday, the iphone app wasnt working either, now its all fine again, so check your mpc, maybe it will work again

Just checked, still getting the error :Sigh:
By EnochLight Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:12 pm
epps wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Do both of you have active Splice subscriptions running? Because if you don’t, you’ll get that error as well.

No I canceled mine a while ago. Hopefully they fix this soon

There's nothing to fix. You must have an active Splice sub running to sync your libraries:

https://support.splice.com/hc/en-us/art ... e-platform
By djangelick Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:30 pm
Hi all is there any updates to resolving this? I also have an active subscription to splice and it only downloaded about half of my samples before giving up at about 500 samples left to download before I started getting this error. Now I can't download the remaining samples no matter what I try.
By prnts Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:02 am
Having the same error. I have an active splice account. I just updated to the latest firmware and then tried to sync my splice library. It downloaded 98% of the samples but just keeps giving the error for the last 50 or so samples. I really don’t want to go through deleting and re-downloading everything again
By HardMoney Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:04 am
I received this message when trying to download my splice library. I couldn’t figure out why this was happening until I changed the place I was saving my sounds from the stock built in internal drive to the 1tb SSD drive I have installed. My Splice library was too large for the stock internal drive. I’m assuming you can change to saving the Splice file to a thumb drive or SD card (not sure because I haven’t tried either of those). I don’t know if you have tried this or not, but this is what stopped that same error message for me that you are receiving. I hope this helps.
By EnochLight Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:29 pm
djangelick wrote:Hi all is there any updates to resolving this?.

RiggItAndGo wrote:Having the same exact problem,

prnts wrote:Having the same error. I have an active splice account. I just updated to the latest firmware and then tried to sync my splice library. It downloaded 98% of the samples but just keeps giving the error for the last 50 or so samples. I really don’t want to go through deleting and re-downloading everything again

Do all three of you have your Splice folder set to a removable drive? If you left it set to the internal factory storage, it is likely you filled up your entire factory storage (which presents whole other problems)...