MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ehmsii Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:09 pm
I have an MPC One and love it. The only thing I wish it had is the same number of physical inputs as the MPC Live. I have heard that there are ways of increasing the MPC One's inputs(besides using a mixer) but I cant seem to find a definitive answer/product.

Is there a way of increasing the number of inputs on the MPC One without a mixer? If a mixer really is my only choice what inexpensive options would you chose?

Thank you :)
By Monotremata Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 pm
The Behringer UMC1820 is one of the few devices that has no issues with the MPC so far (although to be fair I have not recorded with mine personally yet).
There's 20 outputs and 18 inputs (or vice versa cant remember at the moment) as cheap as it can be. I got mine, including international shipping, for less then the US retail price from Thomann and bonus points it got here from Germany in FOUR days to California. Sweetwater couldn't even do that..