MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By J.D. Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:43 am
Hi there,
yesterday I bought the MPC One (Retro)…

That‘s my first modern standalone…
So… now I own 4 MPCs… it‘s getting worse…
I‘m running out of space.
How do you all solve this?
Do you sell MPCs?
I don‘t wang to sell my 2kXL, nor my little 500 or my Ren…
By MaScHiNeHeAd Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:30 am
J.D. wrote:Hi there,
yesterday I bought the MPC One (Retro)…

That‘s my first modern standalone…
So… now I own 4 MPCs… it‘s getting worse…
I‘m running out of space.
How do you all solve this?
Do you sell MPCs?
I don‘t wang to sell my 2kXL, nor my little 500 or my Ren…

Got exactly the same problem, J.D....it's a decision I've delayed making for years... :lol: :lol:
By Ultros Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:08 am
Welp, if you're any sort of audio-collecting junkie you still got the original boxes. Pack em up, put em away and camp on em. Few months from now you may wanna bust one out and mess with it and it wont cost you a penny to do so. Or just hang on to it for a few more years and cash out.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:29 am
I'm starting to get rid of my older MPCs, I just don't have the space and I don't use them any more. Sold my MPC2000 and Ren last year. My MPC4000 is currently being cleaned up and new pad sensors added, and that's going up on Ebay or Reverb, my 5000 is probably going as well, just don't want these huge MPCs anymore. I'll keep my MPC2000XL for sentimental reasons, and the MPC2500 will stay for creating legacy kits. My MPC500 and MPC1000 are both knackered and currently only worth selling for parts.
By Ultros Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:43 pm
LOL wow Tutor. Tryin to catch em all like pokémon?!? Success! You have owned the entire series by the look of it.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:29 pm
I really need to sell my 2kxl, 4k and ASR-10.
By Monotremata Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:42 pm
Lampdog wrote:I really need to sell my 2kxl, 4k and ASR-10.

Man the ASR10 has gone through the roof since last year and the 4K is still up there too. That's gonna be a nice chunk of change haha.
By Lampdog Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:03 pm
I hope so.
By Menco Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:18 pm
I always regret selling my MPC’s. I have a One, 2500 and 500 at the moment. The One doesn’t get a lot of action. Thinking about selling it, but I know I will regret so I hold on to it for now. I have accepted that I am also an MPC collector next to being a beatmaker.

I started with the 500. Bought and sold 3 or 4 of them by now. Bought and sold a 1000 twice. Same goes for the Studio. Also had a Live MK1 I sold. Still have a 60 or 3000 or even a 4000 on my wishlist :lol:
By Lampdog Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:24 pm
Keep One and 2500 from your list imo.
By J.D. Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:17 pm
Yeah… I think I can‘t sell any of my MPCs..
I‘ll maybe store them in their Boxes.
Then again, don‘t have the space…
But I totally regret selling my MPC Element and my MPC Studio…
By high198 Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:34 am
Lampdog wrote:I really need to sell my 2kxl, 4k and ASR-10.

After selling those. You should have enough to get the new upcoming Korg workstation…. Kronos 3 or whatever they’re going to call it.
That being said. I’d keep the ASR10 and sell your Kronos when the new joint lands
By Lampdog Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:54 am
high198 wrote:sell your Kronos when the new joint lands

That sounds like a plan unless the new joint aint the bidness.

BUT, Nautilus, NO..
By Menco Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:58 am
Lampdog wrote:Keep One and 2500 from your list imo.

I’ll keep all of them. Think I did 80% of my beats on the 500 last couple of months. For larger projects or just for fun I use the 2500. To stay future proof I’ll keep the One. For now.
By J.D. Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:29 am
Hi there again…
Yeah, I‘ll probably keep them.
Maybe I‘ll put them in their boxes… Maybe not. Maybe I‘ll install more shelfs to put them on… Above my desk… It‘s a hard hobby…
A always regretted it, when I sold gear… I miss my MPC Element and my Studio…
Jup, I‘ll keep ‘em…
It‘s just so much room they take up…