MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Johnnyjimmyjoe123 Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:23 pm
i know this might be a stupid question,but bear with my stupidity here for a second. how do you loop a sample continuously in mpc one ?i have samples that stop at like in the middle of beat 3,but i have no clue how to loop it.since if i tell the sequence to loop again at beat 4,there will be half a beat with just sillence.

i saw in a tutorial that you can loop contiounsly if you press the pads,and yeah that works,but that's an insane solution to this problem.i heard that in others samplers you can do that with two button clicks,so i assume the mpc must have such a feature. yeah yeah i am a scrub.
By K. Rah Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:03 am
Yes this is possible. Set your sample in the sample edit window to loop, set the sample in the the program edit to note on, change the neighboring track in the sequence to a key group track instead of drum, go back to your drum program w the sample on it, hold down the pad with the sample you want to loop, and while holding that pad, change the current track to the the key group. Let go the pad and presto, never ending loop.
By K. Rah Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:45 pm
Johnnyjimmyjoe123 wrote:i saw in a tutorial that you can loop contiounsly if you press the pads,and yeah that works,but that's an insane solution to this problem.

Here are you referring to the method i mentioned above? You can’t record your performance this way but you can playback any looped sound forever without having to re-trigger the pad.
By Johnnyjimmyjoe123 Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:50 pm
K. Rah wrote:
Johnnyjimmyjoe123 wrote:i saw in a tutorial that you can loop contiounsly if you press the pads,and yeah that works,but that's an insane solution to this problem.

Here are you referring to the method i mentioned above? You can’t record your performance this way but you can playback any looped sound forever without having to re-trigger the pad.

yeah,thank you for your post,but i have seen that method before,but i want to record not just play it.

Lampdog wrote:Image

thanks,i know of note repeat but that's not what i was asking.
By Johnnyjimmyjoe123 Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:06 pm
Lampdog wrote:Did you try what K. Rah suggested then?

"Here are you referring to the method i mentioned above? You can’t record your performance this way but you can playback any looped sound forever without having to re-trigger the pad."

that's what r rah suggested and i have seen tutorials doing that trick and i myself have done it too.i want to record it not just play it back. anyway, it probably doesn't exist(maybe the mpc beats daw has it no idea).
By 40Beatz Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:12 pm
In what situation would one need the Sample to Ring out Endlessly?
By EnochLight Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:50 pm
40Beatz wrote:In what situation would one need the Sample to Ring out Endlessly?

Drone and atmospheric music is one reason. Create choices, the other. :wink: