MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Perrin&Tonic Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:45 pm
Hey Family,
Been AWHILE!
So I am currently MPC-less and have my eye on the MPC Live II.
Seems like a good bang for your buck but I wanted some feedback.

-Do you like this MPC? Recommend it?
-Any major flaws to be aware of? Anyone have any that have had issues? (I had an MPC5000 blow up on me years ago)
-Was kinda considering the SP404mkII but after watching all the videos of it....Im an MPC guy.

thoughts?
By 40Beatz Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:56 pm
Get the Live II. Best of both worlds...Portability and Standalone(battery) Performance.

If you need something as the Studio Centerpiece, then grab an X
By Perrin&Tonic Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:14 pm
40Beatz wrote:Get the Live II. Best of both worlds...Portability and Standalone(battery) Performance.

If you need something as the Studio Centerpiece, then grab an X

I am running protools in my studio. I have 8 inputs on my interface.
I'd like to run the line outs from the LIVE II into that. Looks like there are a few extra outputs which is HUGE.
SP404mkII just has L&R outs which is really limiting,

Seem like these are pretty tough machines? Anyone ever have to use a warranty or any issues?
thanksz!
By Menco Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:55 pm
The Live is more versatile, nearly a daw in a box. Better sample edit features, onboard plugins and synth, and ability to use multisample programs. And off course a way, way superior sequencer.

Still there are people who still prefer the 404II over the Live. Only way to find out wether you like the Live or not is to just try it out.
By EnochLight Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:06 am
Perrin&Tonic wrote:Hey Family,
Been AWHILE!
So I am currently MPC-less and have my eye on the MPC Live II.
Seems like a good bang for your buck but I wanted some feedback.

-Do you like this MPC? Recommend it?
-Any major flaws to be aware of? Anyone have any that have had issues? (I had an MPC5000 blow up on me years ago)
-Was kinda considering the SP404mkII but after watching all the videos of it....Im an MPC guy.

thoughts?

If your goal is to keep it in your studio and run line outs into your Pro Tools rig, then by all means - get an MPC One instead. It supports USB Class Compliant audio interfaces so you don't have to rely on it's single pair of stereo outs.

If you plan to take your MPC out of your studio and on the road, or sit on the couch with it, or take it in the backyard on the patio, at the pool, at the park, on the bus, etc - then absolutely get the MPC Live II.
By djst Fri May 20, 2022 12:57 pm
Perrin&Tonic wrote:If you plan to take your MPC out of your studio and on the road, or sit on the couch with it, or take it in the backyard on the patio, at the pool, at the park, on the bus, etc - then absolutely get the MPC Live II.

At the pool? Be careful! :shock: :lol: