MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dmoracze Thu May 05, 2022 1:58 pm
I changed the name of the project file (.xpj) and the associated [ProjectData] directory. Now I'm getting a "Missing files" error when the project is loading.

The thing is, I packed up the original project, with the original name. When I remove the "corrupt" project and replace it with the files I had on backup I'm still getting the same error.

I've looked at the file list in the .xpj file and all of the files are there. Is there a way to find what is missing? My band plays a show in a week and I need this file, I'd be really upset if I have to recreate it from scratch.

Thank you
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 05, 2022 2:04 pm
File paths are hard coded to the XPJ file, did you update those references as well via 'find and replace' in a text editor? It just sounds like you've made a gaff somewhere, should be easily salvageable with a bit of careful examination.

You should just avoid manually renaming, instead just use 'save as' to rename a project.
By dmoracze Thu May 05, 2022 2:12 pm
I'll poke around these files some more to see what I can find. It appears as though the samples are loading but the sequences are not.

MPC-Tutor wrote:You should just avoid manually renaming, instead just use 'save as' to rename a project.

Yep, learning that!!
By One Square Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:21 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:If it comes to it, try manually loading all the individual sqx files, hopefully everything else is already in the loaded project.

Hey thanks for your response to the original poster of this question. Would you be able to tel; me what can be done in the case where the SQX file is actually what has been mistakenly deleted while all other files are intact?

As such the project loads but is blank and displays only one channel. :(
By One Square Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:If the SQX was deleted, then it's gone unless you have a backup somewhere. Are you sure it was deleted? If you did it on a computer perhaps it's still in the trash bin?

Hey thanks for your kind response yeah. What happened was I was in a frenzy deleting files and selected the SQX files not looking up what they were and deleted them and carried on to restore my computer. All the project data is intact except for the SQX file. So the SQX is certainly gone but everything else remains xpj and project data files are intact.
By Lampdog Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:25 pm
I learned this a LONG time ago on 2kxl. Figure out the job of each file. It will make mpc life alot easier. Don't rename individual files, go back into the full project, rename there and resave.
By Kingokay Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:42 pm
dmoracze wrote:Manually loading the sequence files after loading the project, then saving again seems to have done the trick. Thank you!!

How do you do this in MPC Beats?