MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lo Spesso Thu May 12, 2022 8:18 pm
hello everyone ... I tried to search the forum before opening this post but I couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Can anyone help me on which are the best expansions for Mpc one for those who produce rap hip hop and trap ???? thanks a lot to everyone
By Lampdog Thu May 12, 2022 10:29 pm
Doesn’t One come with lots of sounds already?

Did you look at Tutors site to see what he’ s offering and check out any demos that might be there?

The triple “help” in the subject line will get you noticed, maybe
not in a good way.
By DokBrown Tue May 17, 2022 3:53 pm
A big part of this sampling game is where you get your sounds from.
Old records
Utube clips
80s cartoons
Old synthesizers
Hand percussion

I suggest you take some time & think about your output & how that will be affected by input.

A big part of “trap” to me is analog drum machine & “motion sequencing.” I rec getting a cheap but real analog drum machine & really learn that machine. Keep in mind that you will also need to get good at sampling that machine. I rec a cheap analog mixer with some compression.

Don’t waste time trying to find an 808 or 909 that works well
The korg volca line isn’t bad but those knobs suck ;-(
The drumbute[s] are solid & plenty of supply
The old korg electribe line is loads of fun & EZ to use

https://reverb.com/guide/drum-machine-buying-guide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electribe
By Lampdog Tue May 17, 2022 7:30 pm
DokBrown wrote:A big part of “trap” to me is analog drum machine

So, for the trap drums, people keep overlooking "drumsynth". :-D

@Everyone, it has the drums needed for a multitude of things, crystal clear customizable drums, can be made dirty in an instant. Don't discount drumsynth, already in your mpc's people.
By Certified Beatz Tue May 17, 2022 7:41 pm
Lampdog wrote:
DokBrown wrote:A big part of “trap” to me is analog drum machine

So, for the trap drums, people keep overlooking "drumsynth". :-D

@Everyone, it has the drums needed for a multitude of things, crystal clear customizable drums, can be made dirty in an instant. Don't discount drumsynth, already in your mpc's people.

I got two my sounds already @lampdog I have never used a internal plug in yet lol
By DokBrown Tue May 17, 2022 9:03 pm
I think drumsynth is amazing as a sound engine, the problem is the interface. 4 qlinks is not enough for me. A dedicated drum machine is a much better interface for making organized chaos.

https://en.audiofanzine.com/pad-control ... d-edition/

I was thinking about making another midimap for the drumsynth with my APC40. If I could put the apc 16 knobs to work on the plugin, I could really be onto something. i’m short on time nowadays so I am sticking to what I know. i’ve been getting a lot of mileage out my electribe that I bought back in 2012 . . . . . . . . . I can’t believe i’ve had this thing for a decade.
By Ultros Tue May 17, 2022 9:13 pm
@ drumsynth : word.

I like to resample them drum synth kits then make regular layed kits with drumsynth sounds. You can stack em up to end up with some pretty dope kits. I erased the expansions off my MPC so it would force me to be more inventive as a user. It worked.
By Lampdog Tue May 17, 2022 9:56 pm
Resample drumsynth to get you on a regular more familiar sample wav, mangle it there also.
But, it's an underrated option imo. Spend some time twisting the options in there and you can come up with SOO many diff drums it's ridiculous.

For the rest of trap, look into mpc's native synths as well, they can also be twisted and mangled. BUT, many just want instant satisfaction for whatever reasons. We have a machine that can mangle, go ahead and mangle!
By Ultros Thu May 19, 2022 2:53 pm
Lampdogs on point. trap = SYNTHESIS SYNTHESIS SYNTHESIS aaaaand resampled synthesis. If you're learning to make trap or bass disregard all the sampling methods the boom bap artists use.

In fact dont use any sounds you didnt generate or resample from the synths. If you get into working that way, designing your own sounds you'll end up with shit folks will really like. I know my logic sounds overkill.. "no premade samples" but yes no premade samples.
By Lampdog Fri May 20, 2022 1:25 am
Certified Beatz wrote:@lampdog I have never used a internal plug in yet lol

Your missing out on lots of good internal mpc synth man!

I use my Kronos2 or Subsequent-37 to control mpc x hype/ tubesynth or whatever else in there and man, it’s a fun fest galore.

Kronos2 mostly because of the Kronos super configurable control surface plays NICE with the CC’s.

Even the super simple bassline plugin has lots of life in it.
By MPD MPK RAY Fri May 20, 2022 1:56 am
kaydigi wrote:Out of all the expansions , the ones I like were aarabmuzik expansion and Dark Parallax 1.

THIS.

Someone on the internet converted NI Pure Drip to MPC Expansion format too.
By Lampdog Fri May 20, 2022 2:16 am
It seems I may need to rethink my drink.

Lemme go look at this parallax thingy.

Absolutely LOVE makin my own layered shitz, but I wont rule out the suggestion of known reputable heavyweights, not aarab, YOU guys here.
By MPD MPK RAY Fri May 20, 2022 8:38 pm
Lo Spesso wrote:hello everyone ... I tried to search the forum before opening this post but I couldn't find what I'm looking for.

Can anyone help me on which are the best expansions for Mpc one for those who produce rap hip hop and trap ???? thanks a lot to everyone

Trap as in this?

If this is the type of music I can show you his approach I helped him back then.