MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By plule Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:40 am
The new version with multiple layer support is up!

It's very basic, with two layering mode: "Overlap" where all the layers are assigned to 0-127 velocity or "Spread" where the velocity is equally distributed between layers. It should ease the initial work to create multi-layer programs.

At the moment I've not really tried out the case where not all keygroups have the same number of layers. Next I will polish it a bit, and try to add T-Monk's suggestion of automatically assign multiple layers when adding samples with the same root note.
By T-Monk Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 pm
Wow! That’s amazing.

What an awesome tool. Too bad Akai doesn’t have something like this already, but you are a blessing.

My bloodshot eyes thank you. No more late-night keygroup creation.

Thanks.
By plule Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:35 pm
Hey small head-up about the last update: I've redone the UI so that it's now a "native" web page instead of all being in the canvas like before. This means that all the accessibility tools (big fonts, screen reader, ...) should now work much better. Behind the scene I've switch from egui.rs to yew.rs to draw the UI. I'm still trying to improve the multi-layer support that's a bit limited right now.
By Bradley Smith Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:51 am
plule wrote:I should add some instructions, but in the meantime, take a look at these: https://yew.rs/docs/getting-started/introduction

Once the toolchain is installed, you can run "trunk serve --open" from the clone folder, and you get a live page that auto-refresh on change.

I'm waiting for your first pull request now :lol:

Fab, cheers. I was mildly concerned at the presence of javascript in the doc folder but I see that's generated :)
I'll move onto Yew once I've gone through the basics.
By renegadebliss Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:45 am
I seemed to have run into a bug. So I use the MPC Valet and create one program, and then I go to create a new program, so I hit reset, and then load up another set of samples, but after I go through and select the notes and the layer, and hit ok, it shows me a list of the prior programs samples not the new ones that I have loaded. Same issue happens if I try it in an incognito browser....
By plule Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:18 am
renegadebliss wrote:I seemed to have run into a bug. So I use the MPC Valet and create one program, and then I go to create a new program, so I hit reset, and then load up another set of samples, but after I go through and select the notes and the layer, and hit ok, it shows me a list of the prior programs samples not the new ones that I have loaded. Same issue happens if I try it in an incognito browser....

oops, thank you for the report! I've just added this persistence stuff, v0.3.5 fixes it. The clear button now blindly clears all the local storage for the site.