MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Flow77 Fri May 13, 2022 4:01 pm
hello, I manage to configure the automations in grid mode but I cannot activate or deactivate an entire insert effect from one sequence to another... (only the different effect parameters are programmable from the automation in grid mode).
How can I turn an insert effect on or off from sequence to sequence so that song mode understands when to turn that effect on or off?

ideally if I could turn on or off the whole of an effect in the gray mode it would have been perfect because we can increase it or reduce it (the equivalent of a dry wet)??
By 40Beatz Fri May 13, 2022 6:44 pm
Alternatively you can Automate the Wet/Dry Mix of the Effect instead of the Off/On of the Effect
By Flow77 Sat May 14, 2022 5:00 am
the effect I use is air filter and I have the impression that the dry/wet is not configurable
By Flow77 Sun May 15, 2022 4:51 am
hello if I definitely cannot manage the dry/wet of this air filter from the automation curve of the grid menu then how can I simply activate or deactivate it at certain passages of the song?
By BostonGreen Sun May 15, 2022 4:03 pm
Flow77 wrote:hello if I definitely cannot manage the dry/wet of this air filter from the automation curve of the grid menu then how can I simply activate or deactivate it at certain passages of the song?

Duplicate track
Track 1, filter off
Track 2, filter on
Mute sections of each track to suit.
By Lampdog Mon May 16, 2022 1:39 am
Make lots of seqs.
Combine them in song mode.
Convert the 1 song to 1 long sequence.
Now do your automations in that 1 long sequence.
By Flow77 Mon May 16, 2022 4:26 am
hello, no problem grouping all my sequences into one (that's what I already do), but since I don't have the function in the automation to deactivate this effect, I won't be able to decrease or increase the overall effect? (even if I put all my sequences on one)?