MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Calcaire Sun May 15, 2022 12:53 pm
If your keygroup program only have one keygroup ( one "4 layers max" pad) you can midi learn or automate the sampler engine filter of this keygroup and not add the filter plugin .. You should get the same sound

Test and improve with your workflow

If several key groups in your program the only way is to add a air or mpc filter plugin, available in standalone
By Mpcisfun Sun May 15, 2022 11:42 pm
Calcaire wrote:…you can midi learn or automate the sampler engine filter of this keygroup…

That sounds promising! Can you help me with the midi learn of this parameter? I found the sampler engine filter but I don't see it anywhere in the midi learn options.
By Calcaire Mon May 16, 2022 9:46 pm
The only way is SSH hack and a global mapping made on MPC software and imported in the MPC hidden config files
Thanks to him :
https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXplore/wiki/

I use it on MPC LIVE 1 and in live situation . it makes 16 "qlinks "on my midi keyboard, 8 knobs and 8 faders that drive the 16 qlinks like a X, without switching bank... some more buttons to choose quickly the qlink mode. "project / program / pad parameters", some more to quick access to the first 8 tracks and mute. no problem so far after about 40 gigs. except that standalone global mapping is lost at each update or when resetting preferences.
By Mpcisfun Tue May 17, 2022 1:11 am
Calcaire wrote:The only way is SSH hack and a global mapping made on MPC software and imported in the MPC hidden config files
Thanks to him :
https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXplore/wiki/

I use it on MPC LIVE 1 and in live situation . it makes 16 "qlinks "on my midi keyboard, 8 knobs and 8 faders that drive the 16 qlinks like a X, without switching bank... some more buttons to choose quickly the qlink mode. "project / program / pad parameters", some more to quick access to the first 8 tracks and mute. no problem so far after about 40 gigs. except that standalone global mapping is lost at each update or when resetting preferences.

This is amazing! Thank you soooo much!
By Calcaire Tue May 17, 2022 6:20 am
U're welcome !!

Thanks to this Kikgen genius ... He also did a brilliant IAM Force (did'nt test it) giving acess to FORCE OS on MPC... And a clever grid mode with pad helping to reproduce the 8x8 matrix of the force... A very talented Linuxer !
By Zack Zerox Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:58 am
I'm looking at doing this with my Live 1. I'm not a programmer and know nothing about Linux, and only have very basic knowledge of low-level computer systems.

Looking at the Kikgen wiki, it seems like the basic steps are:

1) Download & install the hacked firmware - that looks straightforward enough
2) Enable SSH. From the wiki:
To enable SSH, the network must be active. You must therefore connect your MPC to WIFI (in the setting menu) or a wired network. Once connected, locate the IP address of your MPC on the network (something like 192.168.x.y). Open a shell command line and enter :

ssh root@(mpc ip address)
Accept the usual SSH security warnings by answering "yes" to add permanently your MPC IP to the list of known hosts. No password is required. The "root" account is obviously root, so be careful what you do...

So, where do I access the 'shell command line'? Is that through accessing the MPC IP on a web browser, or via the command line prompt on a Windows PC?

3) Install WinSCP to access the MPC root folder via Windows

4) Configure global external midi controllers on the MPC software (guessing I don't even need to connect the Live for this bit, just the controllers straight into the PC)

5) Export the configuration file from the software to a .xmm file

6) Copy that to the MPC root/internal SD folder (this is where 1WinSCP will be necessary I guess?)
/media/az01-internal-sd/MPC Documents/Midi Learn/

7) Edit the standalone MPC.settings file at : /media/az01-internal/Settings/MPC/MPC.settings
as detailed on the page, using a text editor(?)

The info about XMM file formats is I assume for info only - the MPC software will write all that code depending on the settings I make? ie, I don't need to do that stuff manually?

Sorry for asking some pretty basic questions here, but I want to make sure I understand what I need to do before I start. I don't want to knacker something critical on my machine!

Also, I'm guessing that once I've done all this (the SSH access mainly) then I could look at installing the MPC/Force firmware (although the global midi settings doesn't work on Force I think). Are there any threads here or elsewhere that give a detailed how-to on that as well?
By NearTao Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:21 am
On Windows ssh is a program you need to run, though it might be available from command prompt or power shell. In MacOS ssh can be run from the Terminal app. On Linux it is going to vary a bit based on your distorted, but similar to MacOS you are looking for an application that will open up a shell or terminal so you can type ssh.

What operating system are you on?
By NearTao Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:13 pm
I don't use windows, but this might help... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/terminal/tutorials/ssh. looks like it helps to explain that command prompt does have an ssh built in so you can just run ssh once you open a command prompt. you'll need to know your user to connect as, and the IP address of your MPC, but it'll look something like "ssh mpcuser@mpcip"