MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bigheaded Sun May 15, 2022 7:35 am
I picked up a HyperX Quadcast USB microphone last night. While there are a few videos on YT about MPC's + USB mics, I watched them and they really didn't go into too much depth. I've been playing with it and a, wondering is there any way to have it record audio while keeping the headphone jack on the One functional? The only way I can hear audio is to plug my headphones into the mic. I have it on a boom arm and the way my setup is, the cable kinda gets in the way. I understand when I set the Mic to the audio device it takes over as the sound card. But the settings are so deep on MPCs I'm thinking I'm overlooking a feature and there's something I could set up differently where the mic will still record but I can keep the audio working on the MPCs headphone jack.

It is pretty damn sweet this mic works without needing an Audio Interface, I haven't done any recording on it so I don't know how the quality is. But if it's as good as when recording on a PC it'll be a nice $100 solution for recording vocals on the go without needing an audio interface.