MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By HanHuman Tue May 17, 2022 12:21 am
Lots of neat little things. New quick browsing options and tuner are gonna be very handy.
But somehow the feature I got the most exited about was the menu customization. :lol:
Been a pain in the d*** coming from JJOS to have menus all switched up, this is a blessing. :worthy:
By EnochLight Tue May 17, 2022 12:45 am
ancaja123 wrote:But you'll never catch me on stage with something as hideous as the Force.

By Jawbrizza Tue May 17, 2022 12:49 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:Image

yo I am GLAD you made a gif I hope that shit spreads. akai can NOT say this is a non issue and ignore it! your paid representative cant even **** do it :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Certified Beatz Tue May 17, 2022 3:01 am
They should have a way to adjust sensitivity for the touch screen also the way that sound screen looks like it is paving the way for the new keyboard which would be on deck for the fall.. anyway much appreciated.. anything is better than nothing.. hopefully a bunch of bug fixes like idk 30 or 40 bug fixes from past years haha.. I'm cool with this release it look faster we'll except for the erasing notes lmao!
By MPC-Tutor Tue May 17, 2022 6:08 am
ancaja123 wrote:I'm pretty let down, I'm going on a long international tour in 4 months and was really hoping for disk streaming. But you'll never catch me on stage with something as hideous as the Force.

I genuinely do not understand why you would feel 'let down' by this, Akai have never officially announced disk streaming as 'coming soon' to MPCs, it's only over been mentioned by an Akai product designer many years ago on a random forum post as something they might implement one day.

Just like the arranger, it's possible it's never coming to MPCs. If you require disk streaming for your international tour, there are other options, and the Force is the obvious one. Are looks genuinely more of a priority?
By Straker Tue May 17, 2022 10:56 am
I think it's the right direction.
Browser needs improvements.
The touch screen needs to be used in its potential.
If they also fix current bugs, it is exactly what MPC needs now, to be polished and well organized.
We already had new stuff like FX and Synths with last updates, what do we want more? Now MpC is full of features, better to polish, organize, clean.
And I personally don't care about disk streaming.
Next step for me would be the arranger, just that.
By TT_Lab Tue May 17, 2022 11:09 am
Straker wrote:I think it's the right direction.
If they also fix current bugs, it is exactly what MPC needs now, to be polished and well organized.
We already had new stuff like FX and Synths with last updates, what do we want more? Now MpC is full of features, better to polish, organize, clean.

^^^Exactly^^^
I think disk streaming and arranger are features they will be implementing, just my opinion, in a 3.0 version of the firmware. I believe this machines are quite capable as they are right now. Can they be better? of course. But I would take this over almost any other standalone maschine out there. See what I did there? :lol:
Akai is going in the right direction, and for now, we are not taking the plunge of updating to a major version.
If people don't like MPC maybe they can look to get a OP1 Field, and see what they can do with it.
By Straker Tue May 17, 2022 11:19 am
TT_Lab wrote:
Straker wrote:I think it's the right direction.

^^^Exactly^^^
I think disk streaming and arranger are features they will be implementing, just my opinion, in a 3.0 version of the firmware. I believe this machines are quite capable as they are right now. Can they be better? of course. But I would take this over almost any other standalone maschine out there. See what I did there? :lol:
Akai is going in the right direction, and for now, we are not taking the plunge of updating to a major version.
If people don't like MPC maybe they can look to get a OP1 Field, and see what they can do with it.

Yeah, I have MpC since 4 years and I must say we had plenty of updates that added plenty of very good FX and Synths to the point that I really have all I need to make 10 records from now to 2030.
Adding and adding means more to manage and more complex coding.
So it's time to clean and polish and organize, that's my opinion.
Once all is working right and well organized, Mpc can be considered a top class standalone device, reliable, fast, great sounding. Both for studio and for Live.
And at the moment, after 4 years, I never had the necessity to have disk streaming, I never go more then 30/40% on cpu and I can load all my samples without any issue.
So the only thing I miss is the Arranger which can be cool to organize projects.
But even if it never comes, I am perfectly fine.
So for me this update is the right direction.
By Zoelastik Tue May 17, 2022 12:11 pm
Straker wrote: Now MpC is full of features, better to polish, organize, clean.

That's the point. The UI as room for improvement and be polished.
There's a lot of great users suggestions about this.

Some bugs also need to be corrected for a long time, finger crossed about it in this release.

(i still experience huge issue with MPC software as a plugin in Ableton Live since the V2.10, the note repeat bug when an external MIDI sequencer is running is also infuriating...)

I can only agree for an arranger mode that miss a lot for taking a project from a draft to a finished prod.
By Calcaire Tue May 17, 2022 1:02 pm
IMO Some workflow killer are prioritary on disk streaming
- select all on grid , better handle of zoom and marquee tools

-internal program changes for plugins and fx ! With those 8 synths you could do anything standalone with preset list and program change ... Plugin program should have the same config
As the midi ou.t
- swap fx, sequence, program and or track, and even pads directly in standalone without copying pasting deleting that can be dangerous ( overwrite )

- bipolar modulations , kind of akai s or z series matrix

An "organize"menu by project could be there for these operations ... Swapping , cleaning , presets list , routing template ...

With this and q links save bug solved , you re finish and got the best instrument you can hope
By Straker Tue May 17, 2022 1:27 pm
Calcaire wrote:IMO Some workflow killer are prioritary on disk streaming
- select all on grid , better handle of zoom and marquee tools

-internal program changes for plugins and fx ! With those 8 synths you could do anything standalone with preset list and program change ... Plugin program should have the same config
As the midi ou.t
- swap fx, sequence, program and or track, and even pads directly in standalone without copying pasting deleting that can be dangerous ( overwrite )

- bipolar modulations , kind of akai s or z series matrix

An "organize"menu by project could be there for these operations ... Swapping , cleaning , presets list , routing template ...

With this and q links save bug solved , you re finish and got the best instrument you can hope

Yeah hopefully the GUI improvement will include fx and track swap. I hope so. I am kind of bored of the tetris way that we have now (copy a track to an empty one, the other to another empty one, delete both, move the copied one and so on).
With touchscreen it should take an instant to swap them.
And also the qlink bug is very annoying, especially if you need Mpc as a live performance tool.
So if they fix these two issues and later add the arranger, HERE WE ARE.
Come on Akai we are very very near to full power Mpc.
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue May 17, 2022 4:15 pm
I personally do not care about added functions, unless they speed up the workflow of the device, like the set list and favorites, and bug correction. HOPEFULLY they fixed that damn OMNI ALL NOTE OFF bugs. People need to realize, the more things added, the more RAM the OS takes so there is a physical limit to what InMusic can add to MPC OS anyway. See you in late June for the 2.11 and, obviously, the MPC Keys reveal.