MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Wul Mon May 16, 2022 7:42 pm
Why has no one posted that we already have the ability to ratchet.
By alexbuga Mon May 16, 2022 7:52 pm
Elijah wrote:It seems that the new enhanced 16-level tuning is just a feature that automatically converts the selected sample to a keygroup...

Which is actually dope. I wished for this a long time ago.
By SakisX Mon May 16, 2022 8:00 pm
Wul wrote:Why has no one posted that we already have the ability to ratchet.

well , drawing on the grid is a different thing ,
hopefully it can be assigned on a qlink (seems ready for the touchstrip on mpd studio and the new key series) and can be automated
By Hoekschop Mon May 16, 2022 8:21 pm
Thrilled to see that they finally added an amp-sim and tuner. And that they added tape emulation.

Not that excited about the new browser though, wished they'd implement a tagging system. For example show me all samples with tags hihat, accoustic, vintage. Another example would be: all keygroups with tags Bass, analog, 80s.
By Flow77 Mon May 16, 2022 8:30 pm
my english is not great also i did not understand everything...
me what challenged me is the "tuner" (is that what he said ???) and if I understand correctly this one would always be in connection with the 16-note mode? (we could take any sample, its height would be recognized?). That's right ?
By collargrip_cristian Mon May 16, 2022 10:45 pm
All this is great, new effects are appreciated. What I'm really looking isn't something that wouldn't make the video: Fixing the audio interface recording issues. We've got a 20 page thread about it. Identified a bunch of mixers/interfaces that SHOULD work but fall apart when recording. So uh, fingers crossed for that I guess
By SakisX Mon May 16, 2022 11:06 pm
cesarsjogren wrote:All this is great, new effects are appreciated. What I'm really looking isn't something that wouldn't make the video: Fixing the audio interface recording issues. We've got a 20 page thread about it. Identified a bunch of mixers/interfaces that SHOULD work but fall apart when recording. So uh, fingers crossed for that I guess

That depends on Linux and specifically the ALSA audio driver team , not Akai , unless the issues come from the usb port of the ARM chip. I always treated the usb audio support experimental and too bad Akai didn't release it as "untested" and not a feature
For sure if Akai keeps updating the software inside MPC with newer kernel and alsa versions, more audio interfaces will be supported and more issues will be resolved
By SakisX Mon May 16, 2022 11:08 pm
Flow77 wrote:my english is not great also i did not understand everything...
me what challenged me is the "tuner" (is that what he said ???) and if I understand correctly this one would always be in connection with the 16-note mode? (we could take any sample, its height would be recognized?). That's right ?

As I understood , the Tuner is for audio input , nothing to do with 16 level
By ThaPhenom Mon May 16, 2022 11:08 pm
I find it really dope that they can still bake more and more into other hardware as limited as I think the Ram and CPU are in this day and age.

Personally, I'm really happy about rearranging the menu as well as the pitch alternative to 16 levels.

I know that Key range is aiming for the Keyboard coming at some point.
By TT_Lab Mon May 16, 2022 11:28 pm
I've been wishing a browser rework since the 2.0 realease. The new way of browsing as I understand is an add on to the exisiting one. A faster way to access content (not all of it as it seems). Please add tags to the browser. The only thing that I liked bout the maschine (back in 2010) was the browser.
It seems a good update. Not too much bells and whistles. Let it come with a bunch of bug fixes.
By ancaja123 Mon May 16, 2022 11:41 pm
This update is majorly disappointing to me. Ratcheting is much more useful on a classic step sequencer format, I guess if you write in notes step by step in the Grid Mode it could be handy but its a lot of steps for something you could do by recording in with Note Repeat. Flavor is fine whatever, I truly don't care. No UI improvements other than the browser updates which are just strange. Seemed so focused on expansion packs and stuff. The inclusion of Setlists and him saying its "instant" really made me mad. It's not instant, it cuts audio, and we wouldn't need MULTIPLE setlists if we had DISK STREAMING. Such a slap in the face to MPC owners when its been on the Force for so long.

The ONLY good addition in my opinion is Keyspans, and the ability to use 16 levels as an instant keygroup machine...I'm pretty let down, I'm going on a long international tour in 4 months and was really hoping for disk streaming. But you'll never catch me on stage with something as hideous as the Force.
By Jawbrizza Mon May 16, 2022 11:44 pm
HUBA wrote:
40Beatz wrote:Fingers Crossed To See If They Added The Ability To Move Tracks/FX Slots. Easy Addition(Theoretically)

Well I might be wrong but if it was included I would expect it to be the major headline of this update and that demo dude probably would have had some serious back to front panty accident about it too.

In fact I'd say the level of enthusiasm he managed to summon for such a lackluster update is a pretty strong signal we're gonna see a lot more bloatware like features before we get anything actually useful like basic level functioning LFO's and envelopes or the ability to reorder the FX slots.

That's my take anyway, though I've been cranky all day so don't let me get you down I suppose :?

bro I thought I was going crazy. how was a preset browser with a fugly gradient backgroud being touted as a powerful feature :hmmm: does anyone with an X even USE the menu you can now rearrange? I might just switch to a live they seem to be making it easier and easier to live with
By SuperKonquer Tue May 17, 2022 12:07 am
Aww man. I just bought a SP 404mk2 and a H9 Harmonizer because the Mellotron lofi filters gave me gas for better fx. Serves me right for giving into gas. But does anybody know if its the same as in the mellotron or is it a new Akai concoction?