MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By soulgolem Tue May 17, 2022 5:07 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:I personally do not care about added functions, unless they speed up the workflow of the device, like the set list and favorites, and bug correction. HOPEFULLY they fixed that damn OMNI ALL NOTE OFF bugs. People need to realize, the more things added, the more RAM the OS takes so there is a physical limit to what InMusic can add to MPC OS anyway. See you in late June for the 2.11 and, obviously, the MPC Keys reveal.

depends what features, some don't use RAM at all until they are called into memory.
besides if they fill up the RAM then they certainly won't have a choice to go ahead and implement disk streaming :lol:
By mrmarbury Tue May 17, 2022 5:18 pm
J.O.BEATS wrote:
NewAkaiUser wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :WTF:

Was wondering if anybody else caught that

I was like "yeah mofo that's my pain exactly" ... I often press the delete HW button because of a brain fart because I just can't wrap my head around that that button is not context sensitive

But anyway ... great new features for a minor release. Finally a Tuner!!!! Been needing that from the beginning. Also the probability and the ratchet are dang nice additions that I've been wanting since I got the Polyend Tracker....which I got because the MPC is missing the generative features. Amp is nice. Less routing fu of my guitars. Better granulator, yes. Great features. Wonder how the other features will help me. But I will see. I also wonder what the workflow improvements are. Track re-arranging would be nice. And a samples cache adjustment in the MPC .... pleeeeeeease. I hope they also made the Software more 21st century. I like the integration but for the final mix/master it's too much of a hassle compared to even the 60 bucks reaper.
By MaScHiNeHeAd Tue May 17, 2022 5:40 pm
I'd settle for The Q-link bug on the Live to be fixed. You know, the one where your sample gets randomly re-tuned when you use Air delay, Filter, or Para EQ.....Not a major PITA but annoying all the same... :lol: :lol:
By Lampdog Tue May 17, 2022 6:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I remember the time when all people wanted were audio tracks, and ‘then the mpc will be perfect’ lol :)

Yep, I remember these things too.

As it stands right now, mpc's are incredible.
I'd rather bugs get a higher priority than features and wishlist type shits.
By BostonGreen Tue May 17, 2022 6:29 pm
MuttBeats wrote:
Basically select all notes then nudge/transpose/edit length or pretty much anything APART from delete all. I know all about the Erase button, that’s all good. The PITA is if I have a multi-bar track with loads of big fat stacked chords and decide (say) I want to nudge all of these back or forward by a quarter note. To do that I have to zoom out, switch to the Select tool, line up my finger outside the entire selection, lasso the whole lot (at which point the whole damn piano roll shifts down or up like 3 octaves depending on which direction I swipe), select Zoom AGAIN to check I haven’t left out a note by mistake… and only then can I nudge/transpose/etc the selection. It’s a stupid PITA that would be easily fixed with a Select All tab on the touchscreen… just like the one the Force has (IIRC). One of the biggest workflow killers in the Grid IMO.

Ahhh I getcha, anything other than delete. Yeah the piano roll flying up or down pisses me right off too
By NearTao Tue May 17, 2022 6:51 pm
Lampdog wrote:Yep, I remember these things too.

Track Mute bugs still bother me... but also... not heading back to 2.7...
By MPD MPK RAY Tue May 17, 2022 6:55 pm

The MPC X, MPC One and MPC Live (and the Akai Force!) contain 2GB of RAM which forms part of the main board – this is a fixed amount of RAM and cannot be upgraded. Upon booting up your machine, this RAM has to manage the operating system (which we believe is Linux) and also the MPC Software application itself.Feb 14, 2020

"Minimum System Requirements

CPU: 1.5 GHz x86, x86_64, or ARM-based CPU with 2 cores.
RAM: 1 GB.
Available Storage Space: 100 MB."

If that helps.

I can't wait for the Class Complaint Support to work perfect with the SSL Big Six summing all in standalone.
By Wul Tue May 17, 2022 7:10 pm
MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:I'd settle for The Q-link bug on the Live to be fixed. You know, the one where your sample gets randomly re-tuned when you use Air delay, Filter, or Para EQ.....Not a major PITA but annoying all the same... :lol: :lol:

I had the same problem, but it disappeared after I had cause to reinstall 2.10, also another so called bug/annoyance in the browser got cured too.
By Calcaire Tue May 17, 2022 7:17 pm
Lampdog wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:I remember the time when all people wanted were audio tracks, and ‘then the mpc will be perfect’ lol :)

Yep, I remember these things too.

Exactly . I' ve got my MPC at 2.3, coming from a 1000 JJOS( free one) ... What a progress, this instrument is very powerful now, pitch enveloppes, multitimbral, good fx, good routing... sometimes not reliable on some aspects (Qlinks, midi note off...) , anyway i made about 40 gigs and lives with no big trouble ... But now bugs are too much, and appear with great new functions as 2.10. My workflow is only about workaround... Some power users succeed to port global mapping, SSH, and Force OS on the MPC .. So it must be possible to have something more streamlined and stop searching for new functions.
By Lampdog Tue May 17, 2022 7:40 pm
NearTao wrote:Track Mute bugs still bother me... but also... not heading back to 2.7...

The benefit of getting track mute back doesn't outweigh all the other good things that are up to date imo.

:lol: :lol:
By Certified Beatz Tue May 17, 2022 7:45 pm
Lampdog wrote:
NearTao wrote:Track Mute bugs still bother me... but also... not heading back to 2.7...

The benefit of getting track mute back doesn't outweigh all the other good things that are up to date imo.

:lol: :lol:

I'm going back to the original os my X came with and making a beat lol..
By J.O.BEATS Tue May 17, 2022 8:07 pm
I'm going back to the original os my X came with and making a beat lol..

Let’s just take it all the way back to the Ren 1.0 Might give some much needed perspective
By shigeon Tue May 17, 2022 8:22 pm
oh boy i sure can't wait to enjoy all of these spiffy new features on my renaissance
By MaScHiNeHeAd Tue May 17, 2022 8:46 pm
Wul wrote:
MaScHiNeHeAd wrote:I'd settle for The Q-link bug on the Live to be fixed. You know, the one where your sample gets randomly re-tuned when you use Air delay, Filter, or Para EQ.....Not a major PITA but annoying all the same... :lol: :lol:

I had the same problem, but it disappeared after I had cause to reinstall 2.10, also another so called bug/annoyance in the browser got cured too.

Might try that tomorrow. Nothing to lose. Thanks for the heads -up, Wul. :worthy: