MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By EnochLight Wed May 18, 2022 3:45 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Wow all I can say off topic I remember cool edit pro thought I was the sh@t

Lampdog wrote:Shout out to Peter Quistgard!

I still have CEP & Abode Audition. Abode Audition came with loads samples that I still use.

CEP was the bomb! Full disclosure: I was a beta tester for Syntrillium when CEP 2 launched, and I stayed aboard when Syntrillium sold to Adobe and beta tested up to Audition 3.0 (which was the last version I have). After Audition 3.0, I decided to leave the beta testing program. Still use Audition to do deep sample editing - it's approaching 20 years old and still an awesome program!
By Bezo Wed May 18, 2022 8:15 pm
Ehh, a few cool things.

The split note thing is cool, but I don't do a lot of machine gun hats.

Customizing the menu would've been great prior to me establishing muscle memory for how things are already laid out. But I might try that out.

The note to keygroup shortcut is welcomed.

The browser improvements seem geared towards plugins & expansions. Not the improvement I was hoping for, but better than nothing.

Still glad to see updates. I know the MPC was perfect for some a long while back, but I still see untapped potential in this thing.

40Beatz wrote:Fingers Crossed To See If They Added The Ability To Move Tracks/FX Slots. Easy Addition(Theoretically)
They seem to be skipping "small" improvements like this.

Beats by Word wrote:Still no round robin and velocity at the same time?
Another "small" addition that would go a long way.
By Lampdog Wed May 18, 2022 8:20 pm
Bezo wrote:.... I still see untapped potential in this thing.
By Lampdog Wed May 18, 2022 11:18 pm
I don’t see a point of talking over the video that already shows the os.
By soulgolem Wed May 18, 2022 11:38 pm
i understand that the new key range feature means we're gonna be able to trigger sounds from multiple programs (assigned to their own tracks) from one midi keyboard (or midi channel).

but does that mean we'll be able to do it internally with the mpc pads themselves ?

let me explain, i'd love for the ability to have 3 pads that send notes to an external synth, 5 pads that play drums from my drum program and 8 remaining pads for playing an internal synth -> ALL within the same set of 16 pads.
By Certified Beatz Thu May 19, 2022 3:18 am
Definitely going to be a good year for akai.. if all the features for K61 will be implemented to the X and other models I'm going to stick my X and keylab61 .. to redundant other wise
By Lampdog Thu May 19, 2022 4:28 am
soulgolem wrote:ALL within the same set of 16 pads.

This is gonna cause way more problems than need to be I bet.
I’d never want this feature. I see what your saying but I’d pass on this one.
By ANTIKLVN Thu May 19, 2022 5:30 am
ThaPhenom wrote:Personally, I'm really happy about rearranging the menu
For MPC X User this has been the most critical for faster workflow. Now i can keep my F-KEY on no matter what im doing :smoker:
By ANTIKLVN Thu May 19, 2022 5:33 am
Lampdog wrote:I don’t see a point of talking over the video that already shows the os.

It's for the SK fans :smoker:
By MPC-Tutor Thu May 19, 2022 6:17 am
Lo Spesso wrote:
hello, an important question ... but is there a new mpc coming out soon? in the
your post I read about the mpc xl or whatever it will be called .. is it a safe source? thank you

No, he was just speculating that if there was a new mpc x he hoped it would have those features. There is no news or evidence of a new mpc x, nothing whatsoever.
By soulgolem Thu May 19, 2022 12:29 pm
Lampdog wrote:
soulgolem wrote:ALL within the same set of 16 pads.

This is gonna cause way more problems than need to be I bet.
I’d never want this feature. I see what your saying but I’d pass on this one.

Guess i could always route the midi out to midi in externally to do what i want if it isn't possible within the machine, i'll wait till the update comes out, seems everyone is going from that one video which didn't show any specifics, perhaps akai will release all the details before the update hits.
By 40Beatz Thu May 19, 2022 1:23 pm
ThaPhenom wrote:Personally, I'm really happy about rearranging the menu

If They can make it able to Re-arrange the Menu, Re-Arranging the Tracks and FX Slots should be Absolute! (Fingers Crossed)
By MPD MPK RAY Thu May 19, 2022 1:52 pm
Quickstrike2.0 wrote:
Lampdog wrote:I don’t see a point of talking over the video that already shows the os.

Be nice

It's for the people that don't read the manual

NOSTALGIA

I been on CEP since the very origin but instead of asking why are they circle-jerking about CEP(paid version too) I would post Sample Kings which was critical for me learning the AKAI MPC2000/4000 updates so fast when they sold DVDs.

MPC's SK DVD in a Akai forum in a thread about said update?

Stay bitter all you want but I'm happy about this update, the Key61 and look for more videos to share about the actual subject.