MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By kaydigi Mon May 16, 2022 1:43 pm

June 23rd

New browsers
Browser select shortcut pad edit
Native M1 support
New Fx’s
Probability features
Slide GUI overlay
Set list
Auto trap hi hats
(lamp dog where’s the auto beat making gif that you use to post years ago)
Last edited by kaydigi on Mon May 16, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By allreddv Mon May 16, 2022 1:52 pm
Probability per step is a great new feature, been wanting that. Hopefully works it way into the Force soon. Hope they have fixed interface support issues. That should be priority number one a the moment.
By Blue Haze Mon May 16, 2022 2:39 pm
Looks good looking forward to workflow improvements and the qlink 13 bug fix on effects and tuning.
By 40Beatz Mon May 16, 2022 2:44 pm
Fingers Crossed To See If They Added The Ability To Move Tracks/FX Slots. Easy Addition(Theoretically)
By Wul Mon May 16, 2022 3:04 pm
Looks to be an awful lot of blank spaces on the instrument browser :hmmm: :hmmm:
They’ve fot a month to fill em.
By Parialated Mon May 16, 2022 3:09 pm
Aaah you were just ahead of me...
i love the new features, improving live functionality and organizing wise.
It is funny though, the mpc went from stand alone device, to midi/computer controller, to hybrid, and i feel we are slowly pivotting back into full standalone, which i am happy with since i mostly use it standalone.
My prediction is that MPC XL or MPC X2 or whatever its called will be a standalone monster, with a better processor, more ram and onboard memory and perhaps the abiltity to host vst's without need of a computer (that would completey change the game) I feel they are engineering the current mpc to their max capabilities before they launch the truelly next gen (chip shortages dont really help). But i love how they build on what they have and just keep on improving step by step... and like i said i hope they go back to standalone since the possibilities and potential of hardware has evolved a lot.
Last edited by Parialated on Mon May 16, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EnochLight Mon May 16, 2022 3:25 pm
kaydigi wrote:

June 23rd

New browsers
Browser select shortcut pad edit
Native M1 support
New Fx’s
Probability features
Slide GUI overlay
Set list
Auto trap hi hats
(lamp dog where’s the auto beat making gif that you use to post years ago)

You forgot Ratcheting. ;)
By Calcaire Mon May 16, 2022 4:22 pm
Very cool features !! Probability and ratchet make it better for live !!

Please beta testers in here ... On 2.10 the q links and midi learns do not save with project ( for master return and submixes inserts fx parameters ) ... If they fix this and midi note off conflict I ll get you a virtual or real beer :smoker: !!!

If they add an option to have sends to external output for external processing and reverbs... More beer for the testers :) cheerz
By sinik Mon May 16, 2022 4:37 pm
looks like a lot more use of the touchscreen, the new menu looks clustered and maxed out with stuff u can do.
i hope they don't get lost and that the mpc will still be somehow easy accesible in the future.

i hate NI but all this stuff makes me think about a touchscreen free instrument like the maschine+. too bad that they don't got their shit together neither...

FX looks cool though
By Menco Mon May 16, 2022 4:40 pm
Looks promising. Might dust off the MPC One soon.
By e-smile-z Mon May 16, 2022 4:58 pm
The browser looks very workstation like. Maybe they preparing it for the mpc keyboard which comes closer to a typical workstation.
By Straker Mon May 16, 2022 4:59 pm
Uhm very interesting.
GUI needs a new look and the chance to move slots and fx with a single touch.
So no arranger yet?