MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By KaoticShock Sat May 21, 2022 4:27 am
MPD MPK RAY wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:yeah i might skip this update and wait for the next one... more out of laziness. Unless there are some bug fix kind of stuff or things i didn't hear about.

it's real nice the things they added.... if i used any of that stuff. I know the ratchetting they felt the need to add because FL studio had that for 15 years and thats where the trap guys are... they probably still wont **** with the mpc though.

the browser screen thing.. fl studio had that for like 10 years.. i think it was called pluggin picker or something..... i personally don't give a shit, because i don't use packs, expansions, or the built in pluggins really too often.. nor do i use any of the presets or make my own that i would save to use on other beats. not trying to sound like some purest, but it just isn't the way i use the machine... and im sure even though they added another fl studio feature, the trap guys ain't trying to **** with the mpc

the key range drag thing looks good. that (if i used keygroups, or instrument packs) seems like a nice new twist on the GUI for that. if they really add a ton of flexibility on what can be done in this type of domain, and make it real easy to set up the way that looks.... that is a real MPC legacy strong point IMO... but they then gotta be prepared to include that on every future mpc product or there will be hell to pay.

what else do we got? did we get master pitch for the plug-ins yet so we can tune bass synths to our samples or are we still forced to do it the other way around?

also, i know it is FAR from any type of consideration... but it would be really dope if i could plug in my lacie USB floppy drive into the mpc and load up some shit from the 2000 in standalone mode... sure it lets me load samples on the desktop software... but **** that. My favorite feature about these MPCs is how easy the input is to get stuff into the machine... how you can have a session of recording endless samples into the machine and save it all on the solid state.. adding an additional connection possibility would be ace.

I taught some of the Trap guys you speak of in ATL. Metro was the poster child for Fruity Loops but guess what?

Assume = NO knowledge but type negative words as if you are Metro Boomin :lol:

6 years ago

Last year.....

2 for one ya bihh

New TRAP producer :popcorn:

Pre-Judging: making bold statements as if you are anywhere NEAR the Rap music culture is both irresponsible and foolish.
:x

Have seat over there :arrow: -------------- :oops:

This reminded me that there's a video somewhere of Honorable C Note showing how he made "Dark Knight Duommo" by Trippie Redd/Travis Scott on the MPC in controller mode using VIP. It was dope.
By MPD MPK RAY Sat May 21, 2022 4:38 am
:roll:
Exactly! I know him and worked with his approach live in studio A.

Enough with these sad entitled alternative music producers fisting their first MPC One as if they MAJOR SHAREHOLDERS at an InMusic RnD meeting.

The nerve to talk down on these Trap producers as if they could hold a candle or the wallet.

:lol: 8) :fku:
By KaoticShock Sat May 21, 2022 4:44 am
So, just speculation, but I think they are saving a few features for the June 23rd reveal.

1. Disk Streaming. The Setlist and the new expansion browser wouldn't make sense without it. (Maybe I'm wrong and someone can explain to me why it would make sense to be able to choose from 16 different projects but still have to wait several minutes for all the samples to load)

2. Force/Live Control Mixer screen. It would be very strange to me if they shipped the MPC Key 61 with the current channel mixer, it's not a good selling point and doesn't help the workflow.

3. 8 More plugins. IamSight posted a video of some leaked plugins. One was called Fabric I think, and there was also an Acoustic Piano one. Currently, we have 4 (Maybe 5) different piano sounds in the Hype, so why would they release the MPC Key 61 with limited Piano sounds? (If they do, its a great opportunity to get MPC-Tutors Acoustic Piano Expansion) Also, there are 16 slots/boxes in the Plugin Picker screen, so it only makes sense that we have 16 Plugins in all.

4. Master FX Automation. This feature already exists on the Force, and arrived in the most recent update. Just a hunch, but I think that with the new FX, they will give us the ability to use them on the Master channel.

In summary, this is all just speculation, but I think they're saving the best for last.

For me, these updates are always like getting extra seasoning for my beat cookups!
Last edited by KaoticShock on Sat May 21, 2022 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
By KaoticShock Sat May 21, 2022 4:45 am
MPD MPK RAY wrote::roll:
Exactly! I know him and worked with his approach live in studio A.

Enough with these sad entitled alternative music producers fisting their first MPC One as if they MAJOR SHAREHOLDERS at an InMusic RnD meeting.

The nerve to talk down on these Trap producers as if they could hold a candle or the wallet.

:lol: 8) :fku:

100! As we say in Houston, you "Hit that Ho"
By EnochLight Sat May 21, 2022 4:49 am
:lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO… holy shit man.. what just happened?
By KaoticShock Sat May 21, 2022 5:03 am
EnochLight wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: LMAO… holy shit man.. what just happened?

The same thing that happened when you posted "You all have defective MPCs" on Gabe Miller's video :lol: :lol: :lol:
By MPD MPK RAY Sat May 21, 2022 7:22 am
KaoticShock wrote:So, just speculation, but I think they are saving a few features for the June 23rd reveal.

1. Disk Streaming. The Setlist and the new expansion browser wouldn't make sense without it. (Maybe I'm wrong and someone can explain to me why it would make sense to be able to choose from 16 different projects but still have to wait several minutes for all the samples to load)

2. Force/Live Control Mixer screen. It would be very strange to me if they shipped the MPC Key 61 with the current channel mixer, it's not a good selling point and doesn't help the workflow.

3. 8 More plugins. IamSight posted a video of some leaked plugins. One was called Fabric I think, and there was also an Acoustic Piano one. Currently, we have 4 (Maybe 5) different piano sounds in the Hype, so why would they release the MPC Key 61 with limited Piano sounds? (If they do, its a great opportunity to get MPC-Tutors Acoustic Piano Expansion) Also, there are 16 slots/boxes in the Plugin Picker screen, so it only makes sense that we have 16 Plugins in all.

4. Master FX Automation. This feature already exists on the Force, and arrived in the most recent update. Just a hunch, but I think that with the new FX, they will give us the ability to use them on the Master channel.

In summary, this is all just speculation, but I think they're saving the best for last.

For me, these updates are always like getting extra seasoning for my beat cookups!

Best news I heard all week!

Thank you Sir

I want to say peace to MPC-Tutor also. Don't take real friends for granted. Thanks!

:worthy:
By handthrow Sat May 21, 2022 9:15 am
mr_debauch wrote:what else do we got? did we get master pitch for the plug-ins yet so we can tune bass synths to our samples or are we still forced to do it the other way around?

Isn't it why transpose on a track is for?
By ACRE Sat May 21, 2022 9:19 am
KaoticShock wrote:So, just speculation, but I think they are saving a few features for the June 23rd reveal.

I don't think this will ever see the light of the day, even though it would change the game for Akai, they would kill the market of samplers for ever. Disk streaming with all the functions already available in the Mpc, let's dream about it. When Elektron does the disk streaming on the Octatrack, it shuts down half of the functions, from a dynamic sampler with all its elektron modulation galore, you only get a static sampler which can only launch a static sample, so i don't see Akai killing the market yet ... but i'd love to be told wrong on the 23rd :shock:

On the video we see the Main Screen & nothing shows a disk stream function of any kind ...

The thing is, on the video, Andy transform a sample into a key group program, this is new ... isn't this a kind of disk stream as you don't choose a keygroup program on the first place ?
By Straker Sat May 21, 2022 9:55 am

The projects that you will be able to load hitting pads, don't have anything to do with disk streaming.
Now you have a shortcut on main page to choose between 5 folders, it's exactly the same idea, it's just a shortcut.
Also new plugins don't mean automatically we'll have disk stream. Any update they make, they clean OS and optimize it to get new free space.
So nothing points to a disk stream actually.
All points to an Mpc update with a focus on the new Keyboard version, just that, which is nothing so different from a Live + usb keyboard.
But let's see, all is speculation.
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 21, 2022 10:22 am
ACRE wrote:The thing is, on the video, Andy transform a sample into a key group program, this is new ... isn't this a kind of disk stream as you don't choose a keygroup program on the first place ?

No, this has been a feature of the force since day one, it just takes the current sample and automatically assigns it to a new ‘single keygroup’ key group program. It’s no different to you creating a new blank key group program and assigning the sample manually yourself. It’s just a quick shortcut. No disk streaming involved whatsoever
By ACRE Sat May 21, 2022 10:34 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
ACRE wrote:The thing is, on the video, Andy transform a sample into a key group program, this is new ... isn't this a kind of disk stream as you don't choose a keygroup program on the first place ?

It’s no different to you creating a new blank key group program and assigning the sample manually yourself. It’s just a quick shortcut. No disk streaming involved whatsoever

just a quick shortcut then, ok ... also, a faster browser, a customisable main menu ... it's cool though but not a major one then.
By EnochLight Sat May 21, 2022 2:41 pm
KaoticShock wrote:The same thing that happened when you posted "You all have defective MPCs" on Gabe Miller's video :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: A bunch of likes and a thanks? :nod: :lol: