MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mpcisfun Mon May 16, 2022 5:32 pm
I have two separate tracks each with their own keygroup, sample data, and midi rx channel (1 and 2). When a note is played on track 1 and shortly after the same note is played on track 2, the note from track 1 is cut off - before it even receives a note off event from midi channel 1.

Since these tracks are separated from each other I wouldn’t expect this to happen. Why is this happening and what can I do to be able to play the same note in different keygroups on different channels?
By 83dude Mon May 16, 2022 5:46 pm
Mpcisfun wrote:I have two separate tracks each with their own keygroup, sample data, and midi rx channel (1 and 2). When a note is played on track 1 and shortly after the same note is played on track 2, the note from track 1 is cut off - before it even receives a note off event from midi channel 1.

Since these tracks are separated from each other I wouldn’t expect this to happen. Why is this happening and what can I do to be able to play the same note in different keygroups on different channels?

From the top of my head without being on a machine: Might be related to them using the same mute group number - AFAIK those work globally.
By 40Beatz Mon May 16, 2022 6:45 pm
Only way I can see that happening is if the Two Tracks are sharing the Same Keygroup Program. Are the "Programs" set to Mono or Poly?