MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By emdog Mon May 16, 2022 6:33 pm
Does anyone know if there is a way to create a template for hardware equipment, were you can name each CC parameter to match the synth/drum machine etc?
By allreddv Mon May 16, 2022 6:45 pm
I am not sure if you can do so in MPC because I don't have mine at the moment but I do so with my Force by creating a track and then mapping all the CC values and naming them. Save the track and then I load that track into any project and the CC is already mapped and saved.
By T-Monk Mon May 16, 2022 7:41 pm
I’m pretty sure there is, but the MPC usually has you save a Program file. You can choose the midi CC and name them, then save the program.

I’m not in front of mine to verify that you can then load that program into a new project.
By Calcaire Mon May 16, 2022 9:22 pm
I do it often.

Create MIDI program . Route it to your device
PROGRAM EDIT
You have 8 pages of CC parameters to name and configure as your wish .. pencil icon and list of CC numbers
Cons : no way to make a range of control other than 1 to 127
Pro : when you have name your CC for this program they appear with this name in the QLinks "Program" menu
I duplicate the program also inside the project if I want to use to use several midi channels ( e.g for my multitimbral synth . )

Save the program elsewhere .. you will load it easily on any project when you need it .. Just assign it to any track you need, your mappings are saved , as for the Qlinks "Program "page, they will retain your mapping for other project.
just stopped to save that kind of programs apart, I just look for them them in the previous projects "data folder" ... So i'm sure to use the last working version :)