MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By idk973 Tue May 17, 2022 10:24 pm
hi i wanted to try the midi prog change with lsb and msb bank with my roland fantom.
i'm able to record midi indeed but if i stop the sequence loop and start play again, the first midi note is cut , sound like a "pop" then the other notes are audible.
every time i restart my sequence at the begining, cant play the firsts midi note of all tracks.

this phenomen doesn't occure when i don't touch thoses prog ch, lsb ans msb things.
By Calcaire Wed May 18, 2022 5:09 pm
Some devices need quite a long time to load a program... When you send a PC program change command to your mpc , the Roland loads or reload immediately the program ... Depending on the device it can be long, on my moog subsequent I always loose first beat ....

Workaround 1 : nudge your first note after the first step like 1.1.012 and it should do the trick ( program is loaded then the note is triggered).

Wkaround 2 : create an empty sequence just before your sequence too handle pgm change loading
By idk973 Wed May 18, 2022 8:36 pm
Calcaire wrote:Some devices need quite a long time to load a program... When you send a PC program change command to your mpc , the Roland loads or reload immediately the program ... Depending on the device it can be long, on my loog subsequent I always loose first beat ....

Workaround 1 : nudge your first note after the first step like 1.1.012 and it should do the trick ( program is loaded then the note is triggered).

Wkaround 2 : create an empty sequence just before your sequence too handle pgm change loading

thanks will try