MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Takeda Thu May 19, 2022 11:28 am
Hi all guys, I am writing to you for two questions. I own an MPC X with which I work, purchased in 2018, the same year in which or purchased a new live 1 with decksaver and bag and a sandisk sdd 240, never used only updated. They gave me a live 2, new, and when I put the ssd, new, 500 gb, I noticed that the cables are not straight but crossed, everything works perfectly but I ask you if it happened even later. I currently use the X but I don't know which of the live shows, 1 or 2, I have to choose, thinking in terms of a collector and being new, which one would you use?
About the ssd, I will probably have to change them frequently for the setup of my works, if it works like a normal cable or usb port I don't think it will be damaged if mounted correctly. Thanks in advance
By Takeda Thu May 19, 2022 2:54 pm
IndigoBeatz wrote:So you own all these MPC's and still find it difficult to make an choice .. and you come here to ask to us , to make a decision for you.

You have them all in front of you ... FML

for me they are the same I asked if someone found the crossed cables and which would you choose as collectors, which one would you keep? Simple. I'm not asking you to make a decision for me, I know how to make it myself, be sure man.
By Ultros Thu May 19, 2022 3:04 pm
I'd beat them both to shit and then throw em out when they are euchered because time moves forward and there will be other and better devices in the future. you got these dudes with mpc60s who are collectors but outside of collecting they are basically novelty in comparison to newer units. It's not good to stay stuck on anything for too long the sound mutates and we are pushing for ever and ever more clarity / inventiveness.
By Monotremata Thu May 19, 2022 3:05 pm
If you've already made your decision then your post is pointless. Most of us here are working USERS and aren't really interested in collecting music gear aside from actually putting it to use in our studios. Take that stuff to Gearspace where it belongs.
By Ultros Thu May 19, 2022 3:11 pm
Monotremata wrote:If you've already made your decision then your post is pointless. Most of us here are working USERS and aren't really interested in collecting music gear aside from actually putting it to use in our studios. Take that stuff to Gearspace where it belongs.

LOL "BETTER GIT BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG BEFORE SOMETHIN BAAAAAD HAPPENS!"
By EnochLight Thu May 19, 2022 5:58 pm
Takeda wrote:when I put the ssd, new, 500 gb, I noticed that the cables are not straight but crossed, everything works perfectly but I ask you if it happened even later.

It's just a manufacturing anomaly - there's nothing unique about it. I've had both the original MPC Live and I now have the Live II and a Force. The original Live had crossed cables like that - both my Live II and Force do not. Also, personally I'd only keep what I'm actually using, unless you are a "collector of stuff" and like holding on to material possessions for no other reason other than to say "I own that". :nod:
By Takeda Thu May 19, 2022 8:05 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Takeda wrote:when I put the ssd, new, 500 gb, I noticed that the cables are not straight but crossed, everything works perfectly but I ask you if it happened even later.

It's just a manufacturing anomaly - there's nothing unique about it. I've had both the original MPC Live and I now have the Live II and a Force. The original Live had crossed cables like that - both my Live II and Force do not. Also, personally I'd only keep what I'm actually using, unless you are a "collector of stuff" and like holding on to material possessions for no other reason other than to say "I own that". :nod:

thanks for the answer on the crossed cables, just wanted to know if I was the only one. Honestly I wrote here because since I bought the X is the forum that I think is the best. I didn't even know what gearsapace was. It is not the instrument that the artist makes, I simply have two as a live 2 was given to me, objects are a means and that's it