MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Fri May 20, 2022 7:48 am
Anyone wanna make an expansion with me? I've resampled all the drumsynth kits and made regular program kits from them, as well as made a few. I've also supplied a bunch of new FX chains for use on the individual pads or kits.

Objective:

Create 8 - 10 drum kits with the supplied samples.
    Use only 8 pads leave the top two rows empty. (lets mimic akai's factory layout)
    Do not add sounds to the sample pool use only the drum slices that are supplied in the expansion.
    When you feel like you are finished after your 8 - 10 kits or whatever, zip *ONLY THE XPM FILES* (1-2mb ish each) and upload it somewhere easy to download like filebin or something that's not a huge **** around.
    Also NAME YOUR KITS WITH YOUR ALIAS! So we know who did what, mimic the naming convention in the expansion so its not all confusing when we are done.
    Once I have a bunch of submissions I'll update the github expansion.

(feel free to pillage as well)

https://github.com/RedHate/DrumsynthResampled-1.0.0.0
By Ultros Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:33 pm
7zip should do the trick. if you are having issues you can rename the files like file.tar.001 file.tar.002 file.tar.003 file.tar.004 etc and try again.

also, i made a boo boo when making it. move the content from the "kits" folder in the top folder and just delete the kits folder. otherwise the kits dont load i forgot the path option in the expansion.xml
By Elijah Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:50 pm
About the procedure for this project... I think it would be easier to do the following:

1. Set the sequence BPM to 30 or less.
2. Set the DrumSynth:Multi to a track.
3. Place notes from A1 to A8 to the grid (8 quarter-notes in 2 bars)
4. Do the "Bounce to sample" command.
5. Use Sample edit > Chop > Regions 8, and convert to a drum program.

6. Change the preset and start from step 4.
By Ultros Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:35 pm
elijah all 53 kits drumsynth are already sampled and turned into usable kits. no need to resample anything. I went at 128 bpm though iirc. what i wanted to get a couple people to do was just make new kits using all the supplied sampled drum synth hits.

because each kit has its own dynamics when you mix them up and layer them you can end up with some pretty cool sounding stuff spatially.