MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ayo Sun May 22, 2022 2:36 am
I’m new to the MPC world and just got a MPC LIVE 2. I’ve been loving it! However, the one thing that has been bothering me is when I chop a sample I have to let it play all the way from the beginning of the chop in order to get to the ending to see if its trimmed where I want it. Is there a work around for this? It would be nice to have a way to scrub through the sample chop to to prevent having to playing it from the beginning each time. This would speed up my work flow tremendously!

Thank you in advance to any responses and help with this!
By MPC-Tutor Sun May 22, 2022 6:53 am
In trim mode, you can use pads A4 or A8 to preview from the current end point.

And to help in chop mode you can manually move the 'CUE' playhead to move through the sample - hit the gear icon in the top right of the screen to configure the cue play mode and preview settings to determine how audio previews in real time as you move the cue playhead.

Check out the MPC Bible, I cover sample editing and chopping workflows quite extensively.

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/