MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bynameless138337 Sun May 22, 2022 8:14 pm
Ive been using the MPC one for some months now, great machine just some real frustrations though, and its small details like this are annoying. Why is a top fast SD card on amazon (ie Integral 128GB SD Card 4K Ultra-HD Video Premium High Speed Memory Card SDXC Up to 100MB/s SDXC V30 UHS-I U3 Class 10 SD Memory Card). Why is this absolutely dog slow on the MPC, I can sit there waiting some seconds before the card loads the instruments each time, so frustrating !!
By SakisX Sun May 22, 2022 8:33 pm
USB2 access speed, no need for super fast sd card , reliable is more important
also the 100mb/s spec refers to long sequential file access
By Lampdog Sun May 22, 2022 10:48 pm
[email protected] wrote:Ive been using the MPC one for some months now, great machine just some real frustrations though, and its small details like this are annoying. Why is a top fast SD card on amazon (ie Integral 128GB SD Card 4K Ultra-HD Video Premium High Speed Memory Card SDXC Up to 100MB/s SDXC V30 UHS-I U3 Class 10 SD Memory Card). Why is this absolutely dog slow on the MPC, I can sit there waiting some seconds before the card loads the instruments each time, so frustrating !!

This type thinking is wrong without knowing some of the architecture of the inside of the mpc.

Exactly what SakisX !!

The mpc sets the speed at which it communicates to devices, not the card.
By NearTao Sun May 22, 2022 11:31 pm
The SD Card reader on the MPC isn't a direct connect, it runs over USB, and as a result is stuck at the USB bus speeds. This is also the case for the internal drive, so getting high speed storage for the MPC will take the bottle neck away from the storage itself, and hoist it upon the USB bus.

Is it a bummer? Sure, but I guess I've learned to live with it :D