MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
Bynameless138337 Sun May 22, 2022 8:33 pm
Ive now spent an hour trying to get some expansion I purchased onto the SD card so that the MPC One can play it.

So I have to follow these steps, unmount the SD card from the MPC One, mount it in a reader, load up the software, do File Export from the software and wait ..

Why on earth do I have to do an export of the SD Card and remount, WTF
And the File Export selects the MPCSD card, but when I click export it goes back to the studio screen

1 hour... and all I want to do is write some music...
By BostonGreen Mon May 23, 2022 6:07 am
[email protected] wrote:Ive now spent an hour trying to get some expansion I purchased onto the SD card so that the MPC One can play it.

So I have to follow these steps, unmount the SD card from the MPC One, mount it in a reader, load up the software, do File Export from the software and wait ..

Why on earth do I have to do an export of the SD Card and remount, WTF
And the File Export selects the MPCSD card, but when I click export it goes back to the studio screen

1 hour... and all I want to do is write some music...

You don't have to unmount the SD card. Leave it plugged into the One, enter controller mode, export expansions
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 23, 2022 7:14 am
Originally the MPC One didn't support 'computer mode' transfer, so perhaps the instructions you are following have not been updated yet. As Bostongreen says, go to MENU > MPC Chip > enter computer mode and your MPC One SD card will appear as a drive in your computer. Select this drive for expansion export.

Also, check out expansions that already contain a drag and drop 'standalone ready' version, so no MPC Software export required, i.e. all of our expansions:

https://www.mpc-samples.com/section.php ... xpansions/
Bynameless138337 Sat May 28, 2022 12:27 pm
So I enter intro controller mode, select file / export/ expansions, select them all and click export on the MCSD. It comes back straight away, no error, nothing i can see
Bynameless138337 Sat May 28, 2022 12:48 pm
I think it might have just worked, not sure what happened tbh..