MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By bxlgotham Mon May 23, 2022 5:21 am
Brand new (well un-used since I bought it in 2020 Feb). Finally tried working with it, I want to say the speaker once worked, somehow doesn't. Upgraded firmware to latest. Reset preferences. No luck, built in speaker does nothing, but if I plugin the headphones, I hear it fine. What's the rub?
By BostonGreen Mon May 23, 2022 6:03 am
bxlgotham wrote:Brand new (well un-used since I bought it in 2020 Feb). Finally tried working with it, I want to say the speaker once worked, somehow doesn't. Upgraded firmware to latest. Reset preferences. No luck, built in speaker does nothing, but if I plugin the headphones, I hear it fine. What's the rub?

MPC ONE doesn't have a built in speaker.
By bxlgotham Mon May 23, 2022 7:35 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Not sure how the non-existent internal speakers 'once worked'? Do you mean the main audio outputs (L & R)?

LMFAO, you got me. The power of suggestion perhaps (maybe when I demoed it back at time of purchase, it had an speaker connected to the L/R outputs, well this clears things up for me. Thanks! Dumbest first post ever, my apologies.