MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By LazyMan Mon May 23, 2022 3:15 pm
Thanks for reading, sorry if this is a stupid, noob question.

I'm getting to grips with my MPC One.

I've been doing some live stuff, but I decided that I wanted some acoustic, non digital sounding break beats so I got an audio file from youtube.

I managed to work out how to get it onto the MPC One and into a project. I went to the Audio tab and and edit audio, and I wanted to edit the sample so that it was literally two bars long, but there's like an uneven amount of silence at the beginning and the cutting tool wouldn't let me trim it to the exact point I wanted.

What's the best way of going about this? Thanks a lot.
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 23, 2022 3:22 pm
Edit samples in MENU > SAMPLE EDIT (or use the physical SAMPLE EDIT button) - after trimming the start and end point, go to PROCESS > DISCARD to remove the unwanted data (if you wish, you can leave the unwanted data there is you prefer). You can also set the sample to 'loop' in this screen (forward, reverse, alternating).

Check the MPC Bible for detailed guidance on sample editing, looping and chopping breaks:
https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/
By 83dude Mon May 23, 2022 4:34 pm
You might have entered CHOP MODE by accident, if you created any slices you can‘t move your trim markers over any slice markers.
By LazyMan Mon May 23, 2022 4:50 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Edit samples in MENU > SAMPLE EDIT (or use the physical SAMPLE EDIT button) - after trimming the start and end point, go to PROCESS > DISCARD to remove the unwanted data (if you wish, you can leave the unwanted data there is you prefer). You can also set the sample to 'loop' in this screen (forward, reverse, alternating).

Check the MPC Bible for detailed guidance on sample editing, looping and chopping breaks:
https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/

Thanks. That worked. I spliced them, up and assigned them to pads. Now when I record these parts, how do I see them on the grid, so I can copy them etc. I can't seem to see any stems or evidence of recording even though it is playing back.

I'll get that ebook at some point soon, thanks.

Edit - I can see it on the grid now. I've been splicing and saving them as new samples as I had some issues just saving the splices and this seems to have worked. No doubt I'll be back with more questions!