MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Flow77 Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:03 am
hello is there a way to create a tape warbe effect with one of the effects in MPC live? I would like a slight pitch distortion like we had on the tapes but I can't find it
By Straker Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:48 pm
Watch Tubedigga video about 2.11 update.
There is a very very nice new Air Flavour which is exactly what you look for.
By Flow77 Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:26 am
hello
thank you for the help, I will watch the Tubedigga video but it's in English without subtitles and I'm French :(
By jabberwalky Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:02 pm
The already built-in Delay Tape Sync plugin does warble as well. Caveat is that it delays the processed audio, so better used as a send effect. Flavor is going to be excellent as well.
By T-Monk Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:01 am
One new technique I’ve been doing to get pitch instability (like tape flutter) is to write in some random pitch bend info on the track. Keep it close to “0” since you can go too far low or high and sound out of pitch. Also, turn off TC so the pitch changes aren’t rhythmic.

This leaves the LFO for the program intact to use for other stuff, like random filter or volume modulations which help mimic tape drop-outs. Or just use it for vibrato, or wobble bass, whatever.

I’m sticking with 2.10 until those dropouts go away. The Flavor plugin looks like it could be a great way to achieve this, but I won’t upgrade until the bugs are gone on 2.11.
By Rank31 Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:37 am
Flow77 wrote:hello
thank you for the help, I will watch the Tubedigga video but it's in English without subtitles and I'm French :(

Salut,
Il te disent de mettre l’effet “Flavor” sur ton track. C’est précisément à ça qu’il sert cet effet. Si tu veux augmenter l’effet warble, monte le paramètre “Flutter”. C’est lui qui crée ces variations de pitch caractéristique des vieilles platines.

MPC Tutor t’indique que tu peux aussi ajouter un LFO sur ton track et l’affecter sur le pitch pour créer toi même l’effet.

Mais si tu veux pas te prendre la tête, utilise l’effet Flavor qui est fait pour ça et que personnellement j’adore.

A+