MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By fmq75 Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:44 pm
Gearwacz wrote:When I try to apply the MPCKEY61 coupon code, it doesn't apply a discount, it stays at $499. MPCSAVE10 still gives the 10% off, so it looks like Akai may have killed the 50% off code.

you are righht,seems they killed it.

Well,if they would be always so fast in fixing things…
By kja Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:37 pm
I have never seen a company act so irresponsibly, I'm glad some of you guys got the cheaper price.. I figured it would come down before black Friday, but I didn't know so soon!! Lol!! That is a crazy deal, if you got the bundle you end up paying like $40 a plug in.. why put so much effort into making these and then they keep changing things constantly.. they seem to not have any good structure with marketing.
By DerpAdoo Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:16 pm
epps wrote:That’s some bs. Akai is getting extra greasy with this release

The code wasn’t official, it was a guess someone here says they made in the cart and they lucked out and it worked. Not sure anything was “greasy” about that.
By epps Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:18 pm
DerpAdoo wrote:
epps wrote:That’s some bs. Akai is getting extra greasy with this release

The code wasn’t official, it was a guess someone here says they made in the cart and they lucked out and it worked. Not sure anything was “greasy” about that.

I don’t know how a random guess would work haha they must’ve made that possible for some reason
By Gearwacz Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:05 pm
The code definitely had to already be active in Akai's payment system to work, they just didn't tell anyone. Probably part of an upcoming promotion, and we spoiled the surprise :) Once Akai started seeing those discounts being used, they killed it quickly.
By KaoticShock Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:54 pm
I paid $499 also. I was actually trying to use the Drum Synth, yet I found bugs in it. That's crazy they made a 50% off deal for the bundle. Oh well, lesson learned for next time.
By SuperKonquer Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:32 am
The funny thing is I found a bunch of codes online and most didn't work but from there I started using variations of the codes and alot worked but didn't give a discount. I saw the MPCkey61 code posted on a coupon site but I didn't try it because I thought that was silly surely didnt work and didn't want to bother fighting off pop up ads. OOF!!!!
By kja Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:22 am
KaoticShock wrote:I paid $499 also. I was actually trying to use the Drum Synth, yet I found bugs in it. That's crazy they made a 50% off deal for the bundle. Oh well, lesson learned for next time.

Don't feel too bad, it only worked for a couple of hours it seems like before they cut it off.. it wasn't supposed to happen I guess.
By Gorgon Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:55 am
KaoticShock wrote:I paid $499 also. I was actually trying to use the Drum Synth, yet I found bugs in it. That's crazy they made a 50% off deal for the bundle. Oh well, lesson learned for next time.

so you paid 500 bucks.......
to use drumsynth ?

which.....
is a free bundled instrument released quite a while back
By KaoticShock Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:34 pm
Gorgon wrote:

so you paid 500 bucks.......
to use drumsynth ?

which.....
is a free bundled instrument released quite a while back

I paid 500 to be able to use all of the New plugins. I already had the Drumsynth, but in this update they added mute groups to the Drumsynth Multi. When trying to use it, I found a bug that makes the Drum synth completely unusable.
By Gribs Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:21 pm
ADMIN EDIT: The following is not correct. MPC Key 61 owners do not have to purchase the plugins (Fabric, OPx4... etc) for use in the MPC Software. Just make sure you've registered your MPC Key in your Akai account and then log into that Akai account in 'Preferences > Activate Plugins'. Your registrations should sync and you can then download and hit the 'activate' button. No additional purchase required.

Plugins are valid for three unique installations (e.g. 1 standalone MPC, 2 MPC Software, or even 3 standalone etc)

Maybe someone mentioned this already, but you still have to buy the plugins for them to work in controller mode (in the MPC 2 software) even with the MPC Key 61. Akai is going the Roland way, e.g. if you buy a Jupiter-X/Xm or a Fantom 6/7/8 then the Zencore synths shipped with the boards to not include "lifetime" licenses from the Roland cloud. You have to purchase the lifetime licenses separately or subscribe to Roland Cloud at the "Pro" level (about $99/year).