MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:38 am
https://www.thempcstore.com/mpc-plugin-instruments/

Surprised at the pricing TBH, a lot more than I was expecting. I suspect there will be black friday deals a plenty though.

Have been beta testing all these for a few months now, all seem to work fine in the current hardware. And despite the claim that the MPC Software versions require minimum Macos 10.15 I can confirm they work fine in Mojave 10.14.6.

Oh, and 'The MPC Instrument Collection' - they could have thought of an original name there guys, I've had the 'MPC Instrument collection' on my site for several years now. Looks like I'm going to have to change the name to avoid confusion!
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:47 am
The main 'Fabric' plugin is great BTW, full rompler with two separate 'layers', each with their own envelopes, LFO etc, FX, plus additional percussion layer. Can be used as a synth as well as many synth oscillators included.

But $250, or $500 for the lot. I can see a lot of push back on that.
By otoc Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:26 am
The price of the plugins and the collection are absurd. If they want to bring in more folks into the MPC ecosystem, this isn't the way. I understand software development and maintenance (updates) is costly, but price gouging for proprietary plugins is off-putting. This will keep more people out rather than bring more people in. What were they thinking?!
By Rank31 Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:59 am
Clearly the bad direction for Akai.

I was hoping the new plugins for free but would have been ok to pay for them if the price is reasonable.

149$ for OPx4 is not reasonable at all (I will buy a Volca FM instead). Such as 500$ for the Fabric pack. It's a shame. I'm upset. My dreams of a all in one box are going away.

Akai was brilliant until today with the MPC family. But now they start to be stupids. The competitors are happy.
By nkozyra Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:06 am
Wow.

Anyone who spends $150 or more on these is going to be extremely disappointed.

This price point must exist to theoretically justify the cost of the keyboard.

I wouldn't have paid more than $10/ea for the existing plugins. They're just so barebones.
By kja Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:12 am
nkozyra wrote:Wow.

Anyone who spends $150 or more on these is going to be extremely disappointed.

This price point must exist to theoretically justify the cost of the keyboard.

I wouldn't have paid more than $10/ea for the existing plugins. They're just so barebones.

How do you know any of this? Do you have them?